Right click -- different study ability

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:18 AM

If I highlight a word in the Old Testament and right click on the word, I get, among other things, morp, lemma and manuscript searching abilities.

If I highlight a word in the New Testament and right click on the word, all I get is English searching abilities.

Why?

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:30 AM

ChuckForsythe:

f I highlight a word in the Old Testament and right click on the word, I get, among other things, morp, lemma and manuscript searching abilities.

If I highlight a word in the New Testament and right click on the word, all I get is English searching abilities.

Chuck

I got the same type of results for both OT and NT.

Now I see the problem. When I tried the example in the screen shot, I received the same result you did. The underlying Greek word is translated "give thanks". If you had right clicked on "give" instead of "thanks" you would have received the full search result. This may be something Logos would like to look into.

Jack

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:15 PM

Thank you Jack

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 2:43 PM

JackCaviness:
This may be something Logos would like to look into.

This will be confusing unless you have the Interlinear option open. Then you might notice that 'give' and 'thanks' are both used to translate the one Greek word.

I think Logos should re-code the interlinears to bring up the lemma tab in cases like this.

In other cases words are supplied by the English translators and there is no underlying Greek word (usually shown with italicized type). There isn't much Logos can do about those so there would still be some questions, but they can recode for the multiple word translations of a single Greek word and should do that.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS