Export all of the highlighted portions in a Note file

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 25 2012 7:02 PM

I have highlighted various notes in a particular Note file, now I want to export not just the Title and Content of the Note but all the highlighted portion of each Note to then export them.  I would like to globally export all the Notes at once.  Thank you.

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 25 2012 7:43 PM

USMC F-4 Jock:

I have highlighted various notes in a particular Note file, now I want to export not just the Title and Content of the Note but all the highlighted portion of each Note to then export them.  I would like to globally export all the Notes at once.  Thank you.

Oops: Answered the wrong question at first. Then, looked at your jpg. Save as rtf should give you what you seek. However, noted that MS Word converted orange highlight to yellow.

BTW: F-4 Jock goes back a year or two Geeked 

Jack Caviness USN-Ret

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:22 AM

Jack Caviness:

I'll say! They used one of those to shoot down the Red Barron, didn't they?? Travel

Posts 9914
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:37 AM

David Paul:

Jack Caviness:

I'll say! They used one of those to shoot down the Red Barron, didn't they?? Travel

Hey, Lo and behold! I just wikipedia'd that our German Luftwaffe still has these in active service!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:04 AM

You guys are obviously jealous Crying Navy Squids or Air Force Airdales!Cool

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 6:09 AM

Semper Fi!

The F-4 was always my favorite. 

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:32 AM

USMC F-4 Jock:
You guys are obviously jealous Crying Navy Squids

Nah. I preferred life under the sea Geeked. I do have a grandson in the USMC—trying hard to live with the shame Big Smile

Posts 325
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:41 AM

Jack Caviness:

USMC F-4 Jock:
You guys are obviously jealous Crying Navy Squids

Nah. I preferred life under the sea Geeked. I do have a grandson in the USMC—trying hard to live with the shame Big Smile

Don't worry Jack, kids these days are resilient, your grandson will overcome the shame of having a sub mariner as as grandfather.  Wink 

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 26 2012 11:50 AM

Michael:
Don't worry Jack,

Geeked

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:51 PM

I knew there was a good man in the bunch, hoorah!

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:07 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

I think I have placed myself in an untenable position.  I use Notes extensively, classifying them not only by categories/groupings I assign them but by colored highlighting.  I had assumed that once I opted to export a particular category of Notes, such as 1 Pe 5:7 as shown in the jpg file I previously attached, I would be exporting not only its Content but also the Title with the content of the section in any given resource that I had highlighted.  As it stands, when I attempt to export this particular grouping of notes, i.e., 1 Pet 5:7, only the Content section is exported and the Title only displays a portion of what I had highlighted.  Does this make sense?  Is there an effective way to still accomplish what I want given what I have already done or will I need to go through all the hundreds of my Notes and redo them?  Thanks for any assistance.

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:43 AM

USMC F-4 Jock:
only the Content section is exported and the Title only displays a portion of what I had highlighted

Unfortunately, that is the way it works. The highlighted text is truncated. Actually, that is not the correct term because L4 actually clips text out of the middle.

USMC F-4 Jock:
Is there an effective way to still accomplish what I want

I don't know of any easy method to fix this. Others have complained, but no one has offered a solution.

Posts 4753
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 28 2012 2:45 PM

Jack Caviness:

Others have complained, but no one has offered a solution.

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!

It's called...(drumroll please!)...L3!!!

Taa-Daa!!!  Thank you, thank you...and you're welcome. Cool

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS