Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:32 AM

Thank you Alabama 

No ive been using it for awhile now- I updated and now its fishy. 

Just tried it again now its flashing over and over  "error loading book Could not load the spacificed book"

Posts 1
Milton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 10:17 AM

Can't get mine to load.  Just sits and runs with message "preparing library."

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:49 AM

Milton:
Can't get mine to load.  Just sits and runs with message "preparing library."

Welcome to the forums Milton. Sorry for your troubles.

As far as I know the primary issue you are experiencing is related to the server issues today. Hopefully things will be back up and running soon.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 259
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 5:38 AM

Yes, it constantly crashes.Ick!

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 6:14 AM

Steve Clevenger:
Yes, it constantly crashes

Steve - Can you explain your situation more? I don't think there is any connection to iOS 6.

You may need to do a reinstall. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? NOTE: you will lose your downloaded resources.

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:02 AM

I deleted HCSB from my device, now (even if I am connected to wifi) whenever I try to open the app I get a window saying "error loading book" then the app freezes.

I tried closing the app (double tap front button then hit red x), tried turning off device (holding top button until it ask Shut off device?) and restarting.

Any suggestions short of uninstall and reinstall the app (don't want to re download the 30 or so resources that are locally installed).

running latest version of App in iPad2 (16 Gb wifi) with iOS 6

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:03 AM

David - Just to clarify: You deleted a resource that you no longer wanted on your device... After you did that, on restart the app wanted to redownload that resource, but crashes (and doesn't let you do anything)?

You are NOT trying to redownload this resource. Is that correct?

In your iOS settings, scroll to the bottom and look for Logos Bible. Turn "Start at Homepage" on. See if that works. If not, your best bet may be to delete the app. 

Are you running beta on L4?

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:00 AM

bama,

You are close, but I don't want to redownload, I just want to open (from the Logos servers). Thanks for the hint about "start at Homepage"! That allows me to at least open the app.

This morning, this is what I got (sorry it is crooked, I must have been moving it when I took the screen capture)

Now (thanks to the "Start at Homepage" suggestion) I get

But If I try to open the HSCB (which had previously been downloaded, but is now removed) I get

It seems as if the APP looks on the local device and can't find it and doesn't know to then check the cloud. I have the same problem with another resource (Erasing Hell by Francis Chan) that used to be on my local device but I removed to free up some memory.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 5
Xin Huang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:16 PM

David:

Thank you Alabama 

No ive been using it for awhile now- I updated and now its fishy. 

Just tried it again now its flashing over and over  "error loading book Could not load the spacificed book"

Hi,

For me, I get the same error.  the page that it shows is trying to open ESV bible.  I just upgraded to IOS6 couple days ago, that was when this problem started.

thank you

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:31 AM

I am not running beta. I am running 4.6 SR 2 on Windows

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:51 AM

David Thomas:
I am not running beta. I am running 4.6 SR 2 on Windows

I hate to tell you this, but I think you will need to do a fresh install. You do realize that the app should download those ~30 resources for you automatically (or with a prompt)?

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 6:52 AM

Xin Huang:
For me, I get the same error.  the page that it shows is trying to open ESV bible.

Have you tried to delete and do a fresh install? NOTE: You will have to redownload your resources.

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:12 AM

Thanks for the advice.

Posts 5
Xin Huang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 5:55 PM
Yes, reinstall resolved it. Thanks.
Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:58 AM

I had to delete and reinstall all of my resources twice. Now Logos runs perfectly on IOS6.

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS