4.6beta 3 Crash on Startup (Not related to Handouts!): Error ID: 5844 / stylePath is not in the correct format.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 28 2012 9:10 PM

This crash does not appear to relate to handouts - i followed the instructions given for that error, have not handouts, and it still crashes. 

The crash log text is refering to problems with stylepath, Highlighting and VisualMarkups and VisualFilters.

Error ID: 5844

Error detail: FormatException: stylePath is not in the correct format.

Full logs:1768.Logos4_6a beta3.zip

Indexing appears to be carrying on fine while the app crashes around it.  

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:34 AM

Indexing completed but still unable to use Logos as it simply crashes with the same error.

Posts 4563
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 3:24 AM

Ity looks to me like a visual filter is creating a problem. Are you trying to start with a blank layout? What happens if you rename your L4 documents folder?

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

The crash is happening when your local index of documents is rebuilt (two minutes after startup). It's caused by a Visual Filter, but unfortunately the error doesn't identify which one.

One possible workaround is to start the application, open the File menu, and delete any new visual filters (at the top of the File menu); they may be the ones causing the problem.

Posts 4835
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 3:00 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

The crash is happening when your local index of documents is rebuilt (two minutes after startup). It's caused by a Visual Filter, but unfortunately the error doesn't identify which one.

One possible workaround is to start the application, open the File menu, and delete any new visual filters (at the top of the File menu); they may be the ones causing the problem.

I tried deleting most recent visual filter's, a couple of them actually and the same crash kept occurring. Also tried renaming visual filters folder but this did not fix anything as it just re-downloaded the same visual filters from the server.  In the end I simply deleted all of my visual filters and re-sync'd so I had a clean slate with no visual filters and all seems to be working fine.  Not to worried about loosing the existing visual filters.  I tend to use them for specific situations, rather than as permanent documents.  I've rarely taken a hit when beta testing and nothing like some other's have experienced so have no issues loosing my visual filters at this point.  I could have continued working through them one by one deleting and restarting, and ending up find it was the last one I deleted.

Maybe Logos 5 code could improve the error message output to identify the documents (not just visual filters) that cause these errors so it makes it easier for end uses and Logos support to resolve these issues - it won't always be ok to loose your user created documents - just so happens it was in this instance not a big issue for me.  

Thanks Bradley and Fred.

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:19 PM

I've had same problem since moving to 4.6beta 3.

Logs give same problem.

Posts 119
Robert D. Adams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:34 PM

I was having the problem on macbook.

I went into PC and deleted all Visual filters, did reboot, sync, so-forth...and then went back to mac and all seems to be well now.

Wow, spent two whole days working with this one.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 2:19 PM

This issue should be fixed in Beta 4. Please let us know if you experience this issue after updating to Beta 4.

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:22 AM

Similar crash here

Can open to blank layout but when trying to open any resource program crashes.

Error log appears to show visual filter problem mentioned in previous posts.

I do not remember creating any visual filters recently but I did edit some Highlights in a custom pallet a few days ago.

Log files attached if helpful

7762.Logos4logs.zip

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS