What books are NOT available currently? Is there a list of missing books?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:23 PM

I am considering buying Logos 4.  I am evaluating the various bundles.  However, I understand that there are certain books listed in the bundles which are not currently available.

Where can I find a detailed list of all the books which are advertised as being part of the bundles, yet are still not available?  I think this is a fairly fundamental part of any purchase:  knowing what you will receive immediately and what you will receive later.  

I've found a list for missing features.  Where's the list of missing books, if any?

Confused!

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:29 PM

I'm not sure such a list exists.  I know that I still do not have the 3 volume theology set by Pannenburg...

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:35 PM

Well this is confusing.  There is the marker "NEW" by a bunch of the resources in the bundle comparison page.  But no marker, that I can see, which indicates what is or isn't currently available.

Something like that shouldn't be hard to whip up, fairly quickly.  And without it, I feel mislead by that page.  

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:42 PM

I think "new" means it is included in that package for no extra charge.  It, apparently, doesn't mean it is available right now.  As soon as it is available it will automatically download to your system.

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:43 PM

http://www.logos.com/comparison

"All books, addins and parallel passages listed in a column are included and unlocked with purchase of that product"  [emphasis added.]

No other disclaimers, etc.  Are the marketing, development, and legal departments all on the same page here?  One could argue that "included and unlocked with purchase" sounds an awful lot like, at the time of purchase, you receive those resources.  

Granted I haven't gone through the online shopping cart or called the sales team, so maybe they make this abundantly clear.  ???

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:43 PM

Thanks Randy.  I think that must be what they mean.  It's just confusing.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:45 PM

I've been around Logos enough to know they are not out to mislead anyone.  For me, I have around 2000 resources.  To my knowledge the only ones I am missing is the 3 volume theology set by Pannenburg.  Am I going ot read that set tonight when I have 2000 resources? Nope.  I can wait.

BUT, I do see your point!

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:47 PM

Benjamin: L4 is in it's infancy stage.  All L4 users are in for a great ride as Logos continues to refine and upgrade.  I look forward to it!

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:47 PM

I agree it looks like an innocent mistake.  And the product looks great.  I appreciate the company has been around a long time, and has such a loyal following.

It did jar me to see, in the forums here, that certain interlinears that are listed as included are not available.  That got me worried:  what exactly was I getting???   

I am comforted by the lively and [for the most part] very pleased community I see in these forums.  That is a good sign.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:48 PM

I think that NEW indicates that book was not available in the equivalent Logos3 packages.

After upgrading from Logos3 Scholar's edition to Logos4 Scholar's edition, i went through most of the books marked NEW in the comparison chart. Most of them were present in my new L4. Except NIV & NLT reverse interlinear's. i called Logos and they let me know that these were still under construction and would automatically be updated to my L4 when available.

i did find the new NKJV and ESV version of the reverse interlinear. And have been using them.

Hope this helps

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 7
Ben Y | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:49 PM

Yes that helps, Steve.  Thanks!

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:59 PM

Randy

I've got Pannenburg ST  - suggest you check!

Andrew

Posts 1
Rev. David Skinner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 1:11 AM

I upgraded recently from Logos 3 Leaders pack to Logos 4 but cannot find ANY interlinears. How did you manage this? I mainly use the ESV reverrse interlinear.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:09 AM

Interlinears were changed in L4.  Open your ESV and look ofr an "interlinear" button towards the upper right corner.  Click on it and you will see a row appear on the bottom of the ESV window.  Many, including myself, dislike the change.  I think Logos is going to bring back the full scale interlinears. 

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:03 AM

AndrewChuter:

Randy

I've got Pannenburg ST  - suggest you check!

I have Pannenburg too. The filename is SYSTHPNNBRG.logos4 if you're looking for it on the FTP site.

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:19 AM

You have to assume that if the package says it is included, that it is included.  If it were not included, then it would be false advertising.  If it is included but not available at the moment, Logos has the responsibility to inform the customer.  If they do not it would also be false advertising.  So I think it is a safe bet to believe that what they claim is included in a package, actually will be in that package.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 6:21 AM

I do not know of any books that are not yet included in the base packages. 

I believe the issue is with "add-ons".  (books not included in the base packages)

I'd really like to know what books are NOT included at this time.  Granted, they must be some I've either not got, or that I apparently didn't use much (because I'm not noticing)

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:03 AM

As far as I have always been made to understand, the only add ons that are not included in L4 are the pbb resources. If this is incorrect, then a list should be made public.  I know some have had difficulty in their upgrade to l4 finding all their books.  I have also had questions about this.  But my understanding is that it is a hiccup in the upgrade process.  As time goes by, the hiccups get fixed and others who upgrade will not face the same problems some have faced in their upgrades

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 8:27 AM

I have some LLS resources that so far have not been updated to work in L4.  I contacted support with the exact list of files (they confirmed that they don't yet work in L4); support directed me to send an email to "suggest@logos.com" ... and I'm waiting to hear from them.  The resources involve an international license (not for use in the USA), but I don't know whether this is a factor in them not being upgraded, or not.  So... there ARE some LLS resources that do NOT work in L4.  But yes, these were NOT ever part of a base package.

Thankfully, the books are still usable in version 3, but I'd like to see them ported over to L4.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS