Excerpts - Will they ever appear on Home Page again ?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 30 2012 3:44 PM

Been meaning to put this question out there for sometime.  I have the option checked but the just never show up, has Logos given up on this feature which was the selling point of the switch to the new home page when we moved from L3 to L4 ?  Without them it makes the home page a very uninteresting place to visit.  The home page should draw a user into their library and into study of the word, not simply be a place to advertise the latest offering from Logos.

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 4:09 PM

I got 6 just now.

Have you tried Shift+F5?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:32 PM

I have some.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:23 PM

I haven't seen excerpts in a very long time but just haven't gotten around to asking.  There used to be extracts from books, and scripture passages.  This have not appeared in Logos 4 for me as I have said for a very long time.  All I get is the display of a graphic.  All other options display if I have them checked but not excepts.

When I uncheck everything except excerpts all I get on the home page is book of the day.

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:37 PM

This seems to work correctly here. All options are unchecked except excerpts. The top section of your customize menu, under Featues, looks funky. Maybe something is corrupted?

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:22 AM

What you see under features is just my bible reading lists which can be seen in the ribbon at the top of the screen.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:27 AM

Andrew Mckenzie:

I haven't seen excerpts in a very long time but just haven't gotten around to asking.  There used to be extracts from books, and scripture passages.  This have not appeared in Logos 4 for me as I have said for a very long time.  All I get is the display of a graphic.  All other options display if I have them checked but not excepts.

When I uncheck everything except excerpts all I get on the home page is book of the day.

I just turned off everything on my Home Page too except Excerpts, and lo and behold I got the same thing! I did Shift-F5, and excerpts were back. I then turned back on everything else.  Please try Shift-F5.

Posts 4882
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:46 AM

Shift-F5 has fixed it.  I was sure I had done that in the past, but it seems I mustn't have at all. Thanks everyone.

Posts 2758
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:15 AM

For some reason Shift-F5 must be performed every now and then. At this point. I noticed the issue about 2 months ago.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS