mark as owned in the store

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:30 AM

Most of the time a book I own is greyed out in the store so I can't buy it again. this is a good thing. but, it is not a flawless system. I just noticed a book that I own that is NOT greyed out. I have actually bought the same book twice. (You were kind enough to give me a refund). Anyway, it would be nice to mark a book as owned in the store. For example, I own Grace for the Moment but it does not indicate it as such in the store. 

Thanks for all you do!

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:11 AM

Josh Hunt:
Most of the time a book I own is greyed out in the store so I can't buy it again. this is a good thing. but, it is not a flawless system. I just noticed a book that I own that is NOT greyed out.

This was a problem early on, but I have not run into a situation in quite a while. I think there is something else going on... I believe that Logos has misidentified the Vyrso product, which is actually a journal and NOT the devotional book. Read the fine print for the journal link below.

If this is not correct, please let us know!

BOOKhttp://www.logos.com/product/2341/grace-for-the-moment

JOURNALhttp://vyrso.com/product/11404/grace-for-the-moment

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:19 AM

I believe you are right. I would have expected to see "Grace for the Moment Journal" in the title. 

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:25 AM

I sent a note to Vyrso about it. Smile

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:40 AM

Josh,

does it really include writing space? I.e. fillable boxes (never seen those in vyrso books)?

Otherwise Alabama may want to amend his mail.... "The newly revised-and newly sized Grace for the Moment Journal, which includes many scriptures and quotes from the devotional, now includes more writing space for personal reflection on God's grace."

Smile

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:46 AM

I don't know. I don't have the journal. (I don't think i want it)

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:51 AM

Josh Hunt:

I don't know. I don't have the journal. (I don't think i want it)

Then I misunderstood your post about "seeing Journal in the title" above - I also have "only" the Logos book (marks grey button on Logos.com) and I don't think I'll acquire a Journal from Vyrso. But since Vyrso should resemble the offering of a Christian bookstore, I have an idea just half a step further: blankbooks are selling well, I hear...   

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 8:53 AM

alabama24:

Josh Hunt:
Most of the time a book I own is greyed out in the store so I can't buy it again. this is a good thing. but, it is not a flawless system. I just noticed a book that I own that is NOT greyed out.

This was a problem early on, but I have not run into a situation in quite a while. I think there is something else going on... I believe that Logos has misidentified the Vyrso product, which is actually a journal and NOT the devotional book. Read the fine print for the journal link below.

If this is not correct, please let us know!

BOOKhttp://www.logos.com/product/2341/grace-for-the-moment

JOURNALhttp://vyrso.com/product/11404/grace-for-the-moment

I have noticed the same issue with the NET bible. I own this, and it is part of a base package, however, it is not grayed out on the Logos site. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Posts 753
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:05 AM

I am thinking the people at Vyrso fixed this already. I am not seeing what I saw an hour or so ago. 

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:07 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:
I have noticed the same issue with the NET bible.

I just double checked this, and you are right. Please feel free to create a new thread about this issue. 

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:11 AM

Josh Hunt:

I am thinking the people at Vyrso fixed this already. I am not seeing what I saw an hour or so ago. 

Okay, maybe they react fast on Alabama's emails. (Hm. Deep & Wide still doesn't show on biblia.com....). When I clicked first on Alabama's links, the Vyrso page had "Journal" in the title and the Logos page had not.

It still talks about the writing space - and shouldn't the reference to "Grace for the Moment" (i.e. Lucado's book) be a link to its Logos.com page?

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:13 AM

alabama24:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

I just double checked this, and you are right. Please feel free to create a new thread about this issue. 

Hm. It's grey-buttoned for me (we're talking http://www.logos.com/product/4468/the-net-bible here, right?)

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:23 AM

I have the NET as part of a base package, but it is also NOT greyed out at the link above.

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:24 AM

NB.Mick:
Hm. It's grey-buttoned for me (we're talking http://www.logos.com/product/4468/the-net-bible here, right?)

Yes, and its not greyed for me. 

NB.Mick:
(Hm. Deep & Wide still doesn't show on biblia.com....).

Apparently it is an issue with the prima donna of "Christian Publishing". Zip it!

I am curious though… How do you use Biblia? I can imagine it being useful when I don't have access to my computers or iOS devices… Is that when you use it, or have you found another use?

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:42 AM

alabama24:
Apparently it is an issue with the prima donna of "Christian Publishing"

Then they need to put the Internet/Mac/PC pictures up there.

alabama24:
I am curious though… How do you use Biblia? I can imagine it being useful when I don't have access to my computers or iOS devices… Is that when you use it, or have you found another use?

I spend a lot of my time on computers with no L4 installed and I don't have a tablet device (yet: looking forward to my Kindle Fire on Oct.25th - I buy too much books to be able to afford Apple products).

The other thing is: Links in Community notes only work when copied from biblia.com's sharing dialog, sharing from a resource will result in a biblia.com-link and the other way round: every resource link shared on Faithlife will link to biblia.com, not to L4. Thus I find myself having biblia.com nearly constantly open on my Logos4-PC as well.

Actually I find I like it for reading/looking up: the resource search (biblia.com has 97% of my library) from the dropdown is much faster than opening the library in L4, the two-pane view is great for reading bible and commentary, or FSB and the referenced encyclopedias. Of course there are some shortcomings, e.g. that they didn't fully develop the Community Notes on biblia.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 9:45 AM

alabama24:
Please feel free to create a new thread about this issue. 

I already did, months ago: BUG: The Jewish New Testament should have a gray button for owners of the CJB

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:08 AM

alabama24:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Thanks alabama24, I will create a dedicated post for the NET Bible.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:10 AM

NB.Mick:

alabama24:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Yes, that is correct. I will be creating a post (if it's not done already) for this.

Posts 2756
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:13 AM

fgh:

alabama24:
Please feel free to create a new thread about this issue. 

I already did, months ago: BUG: The Jewish New Testament should have a gray button for owners of the CJB

That's not The NET Bible.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 1 2012 10:18 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

That's not The NET Bible.

Read the link.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS