Library Search - Arggg!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2
Nathan Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:24 AM

I used to use the Library Search to quickly pull up the books with a certain word in the Title. Now it is bringing back every book with that word anywhere in the title or body. Please add a drop-down so we can specify what the Library Search should check for!

Posts 10425
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:47 AM

Nathan,

welcome to the Logos user forums!

Nathan Brown:
I used to use the Library Search to quickly pull up the books with a certain word in the Title. Now it is bringing back every book with that word anywhere in the title or body. Please add a drop-down so we can specify what the Library Search should check for!

That's easy and doesn't require an additional dropdows or so: just use title: in front of the word you are searching for.

I happen to like library search as is, since Biblia.com seems to work like Logos 4 library search, so you may as well use e.g. author: or other fieldcodes and it will find ESV or FSB even though their title is not abbreviated.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2
Nathan Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 8:05 AM

Thank you for the info. I would just add that it would be helpful to have some tooltip or other help text near the search box to reminder/inform users of this capability. Also, I discovered that you cannot have a space between the "title:" and the word you are searching for.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:04 AM

Nathan - as NB. pointed out, all the search functionality matches the actual L4 product. That means you can even do multiple boolean searches together. As  you found out, however, it has to be entered just right to work.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS