DEEP THOUGHTS...with David Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5211
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 6 2012 1:53 PM

I think wasps must have a very good sense of smell. I also think they must have short memories...or just be so instinctual that they are very dumb.

I'm sitting under my sukkah and noticing that a lot of wasps seem to be drawn to it. No doubt it is because the cut branches, which are a few days old now, are giving off a minute scent of plant death. Dead plants are no doubt a better source of wood pulp than live ones are, so they come looking for a Lowe's home improvement six-finger discount. They fly up, do a swoop loop around the dead branches on top, and then land on the metal canopy frame. They climb around on it for a few seconds and then realize there's no free lunch today and fly away.

Only...the don't fly too far. Sometimes they make it across the yard...sometimes they don't...before they say to themselves, "Hey, I smell dead plant matter! Think I'll check it out!", and back they come for a repeat of the same procedure they've been through dozens if not hundreds of times before. I suppose they just don't have the theological insight to realize that the sukkah, which is an exercise in anticipation, is just a picture of the transitory and temporary nature of this life...intended to paradoxically provide a type of wedding hhuupaah (canopy) to picture the millennial wedding feast, while also providing an illustration (or scent) of death that makes clear that no matter how joyous the Feast is in this life...it isn't the real thing...and in accord with the "vanity" of Ecclesiastes which is read during the Feast, those cut branches you sit under are dying as surely as you are.

Hopefully, the wasps will figure it out by tomorrow...or better yet, while it is still called "Today".

This has been "Deep Thoughts"...with David Paul.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2012 2:42 PM

Peace to you, David!                       and ...            Always Joy in the Lord!

Thanks for your post!         Appreciated, indeed!                                 Quite interesting and refreshing on this quiet Saturday afternoon, Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada!          *smile*

Are you going to send us a picture?       ?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukkah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukkot

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2012 2:58 PM

On more than one occasion I have pondered the last six verses of Zechariah wondering if the observance was for the past and will be for the future, why should it be neglected now.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5211
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 6 2012 3:33 PM

Jerry M:

On more than one occasion I have pondered the last six verses of Zechariah wondering if the observance was for the past and will be for the future, why should it be neglected now.

Perceptive, Jerry.

It shouldn't...especially since an enormous amount of prophecy is based on Tabernacles and the other Feasts. I would go as far as to say that it is impossible to comprehend most prophecy without "shaamar"-ing the Feasts.

...and...

It isn't...many, many thousands of believers keep the Feasts. I've been doing it for over 25 years.

For what it's worth, over the last couple of years I started writing more than half-a-dozen books, and in each case I came to a place where I had to stop...because I realized I would need to write a whole book about the 'ohtthohtth and moh`adhiym (signs and seasons, i.e. appointed times) in order to explain fundamental background elements of Bible prophecy. You only have to hit me on the head a few times before I figure stuff out. I'm finally writing a book on them now...while sitting under my sukkah! Smile

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS