Translation Question

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:09 PM

I do not have any Greek schooling but I have spent time, much time studying and will continue spending much time reading, and studying.

Here is my question. When reading the text from the NA, UBS, and BYZ  I make a document copy and space the words so that I can translate the Lemma, English, and grammar. If I'm doing this wrong  PLEASE help me.

Armwood

Posts 808
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:05 PM

Armwood:

When reading the text from the NA, UBS, and BYZ  I make a document copy and space the words so that I can translate the Lemma, English, and grammar. If I'm doing this wrong  PLEASE help me.

If I understand what you want, have you tried exporting the text to Excel spreadsheets? This helps me to align the lemmas etc. to compare them.

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:19 PM

Hi jack

Thanks for your reply

What I'm saying is, lets say Galatians 1:6-10 in the UBS text. I copy these verse on to a spreadsheet, then I will space each word 2 or 3 times till all verses or on the spreadsheet' leaving enough room from top to bottom to write the Lemma the English and the grammar,after this I print and then translate with pencil so that I can erase if I have to Wink  .

Armwood

Posts 808
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:54 PM

Armwood:

What I'm saying is, lets say Galatians 1:6-10 in the UBS text. I copy these verse on to a spreadsheet, then I will space each word 2 or 3 times till all verses or on the spreadsheet' leaving enough room from top to bottom to write the Lemma the English and the grammar,after this I print and then translate with pencil so that I can erase if I have to Wink  .

Sounds like a good plan to me. So what's the problem?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 6:51 PM

Logos 4 has sentence diagram so can import couple lines from a resource: e.g. manuscript and lemma.  Then can join words, arrange them, add lines for diagramming.  Also have option to insert passage from other manuscripts then drag and arrange as desired.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 285
Luigi Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 14 2012 9:39 PM

Hi

does anyone know if Is there a formal standard that Logos follows for the sentence diagram elements?

ahhh. I like diagrams...

Posts 27040
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 15 2012 12:10 AM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Logos gives us symbols in the Sentence Diagram that support several formal methods and a few informal methods. If you are asking about the clause diagrams, I've not seriously looked at what form of tree diagrams they use.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS