Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:07 AM

The latest update seems to be causing Logos to crash. I keep getting an error message when I try to zip the logs, but it appears I can only upload one to this post.

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:08 AM

Whoops. Didn't mean to post that already. Please let me know if I should add another post with the Logos4 or Logos4Error log.

Thank you!

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:44 AM

It looks like it might be a continuing symptom of the Word Find crash from beta 1. When does the crash occur?

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

This appears to be a problem with visual filters. (I think the text "word find" in the error message is a mistake.)

I've passed your crash report along for investigation.

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 9:19 AM

Crash is at startup - since the latest update Logos won't open.

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee

You're running the beta, so I'll move this post to the Beta forum. When Beta 5 comes out, you'll need to follow the instructions to install it manually (since it's crashing before it gets the chance to update itself).

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:20 AM

Is there any way for me to revert to a previous version and get Logos working? Sunday's sermon prep is calling me... :-)

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:34 AM

Timothy Lovegrove:
Is there any way for me to revert to a previous version and get Logos working? Sunday's sermon prep is calling me... :-)

I don't know if installing the stable version would work or not… did you try that? http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos#Installation_.2b_Indexing

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:33 PM

Timothy Lovegrove:

You have to uninstall first  then remove the \Lopgos4 folder. Then install - http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ$27s#What_is_the_direct_link_to_Logos_4_installers.3f

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:48 PM

Timothy Lovegrove:

If have enough disk space, another idea is creating another Windows user and install stable Logos 4.  Wiki has =>  http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

A Visual Filter crash occurs when a resource is opened, which has a "buggy" visual filter enabled; not know if could open resource, click three circles, then click to turn off visual filter(s) before application crashes.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2012 2:53 AM

Timothy Lovegrove:

You won't be able to go back to a non-beta option, without uninstalling and re-installing as mentioned. You might be able to get back to beta three by installing from this link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS4/InstallerBeta/4.61.0.3239/Logos4Setup.exe

That's more likely to work without uninstalling, but it's not guaranteed.

Posts 40
Timothy Lovegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2012 12:55 PM

I did uninstall and reinstall, and Logos ran without crashing as long as it had no resources. Once the resources were downloaded it resumed crashing at start-up as before.

Sad.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 18 2012 5:06 PM

This issue should be fixed in 4.6a Beta 5.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS