A High Priority, please, for The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 4:57 PM

Scott Heitshusen:

wow. that's just...wow...

Logos does do any work on a resource unless it knows it can make a profit.  Thus, Logos did not start working on it until it went into "development."  Based on Milford's post.  It went into production sometime around July/Aug/Sept. of this year.  Because of this, I will not expect to see this product no sooner than the third quarter of 2014.

Then again, I have see some items go from development to production in under two months, and that was happened a couple of times in the five years I have been using Logos.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 18 2013 6:42 PM

More than this you must remember Logos will not actually be developing it till the eText is received. The WBC missing and under contract for years have yet the hold up is Nelson/Zondervan has not released the text for them to work with.

-dan

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 9:16 AM

I know Logos can't say if there has been any movement on this, but I wanted it out there that we hope there is soon.

I really don't want to settle for the Kindle version of this, but it's difficult to wait 1½+ for an important resource to use.

I understand these take time, but it's quite frustrating.

Blessed Maundy Thursday to all.

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 10:01 AM

Insult to injury.... there is absolutely no excuse when there is a kindle version out there... Sad

-Dan

Posts 31836
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:27 PM

Scott Heitshusen:
but it's difficult to wait 1½+ for an important resource to use.

I didn't ... I pre-ordered the hard copy on Amazon so I've had it since its release date.Big Smile Remember that Logos has an additional problem here because of their standard use of the "shorter canon" Bible. Not only do they have to tag the Lutheran Study notes, they also have to tag the ESV apocrypha which is considerably more work. I firmly believe they should offer the apocrypha in ALL translations that include it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 12:34 PM

MJ. Smith:
I firmly believe they should offer the apocrypha in ALL translations that include it.
Yes

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 4 2014 4:32 PM

Our departed dear brother started this thread... and I will do my best to keep this going till it becomes released. Any news at all on a release date?

-Dan

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 19 2014 12:54 PM

Can anyone give us a clue as to the hold up with this work???

-Dan

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 7:50 AM

Whilst I've had the hard copy since CPH released it, I would very much like to have a Logos version of this and PrePub'ed it not long after purchasing Logos last year...

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:22 PM

It is so hard to say what is going on here.... I would doubt it is an entry issue because while not a small volume it should not be that hard to get done. My guess and THIS IS PURE SPECULATION, Logos may want to have the text with it, and since CPH owns the rights to the notes, but Oxford owns the rights to the text, there may well be a hold up there. For me I want the notes, I am happy to use it with NRSV or RSV or even the CEB if I had that in Logos. I really wish some from Logos would let us know what is going on, one Logos person in another thread hinted he was working on it but no real word on what is the hold up.

-DAN

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 22 2014 5:57 PM

Agreed Dan - all the "extras" in this are very nice. Would be nice also if the included Reading Plan came across as a Logos one Big Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 15 2014 6:35 PM

Can someone from Logos please let us know what is taking so long in making this resource??? I am not asking for a date just to know what the seeming hold up is?

-Dan

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 16 2014 8:54 AM

I'd love to know as well.

It's been nearly TWO YEARS. It shouldn't be a "rights" issue as this has been available on Kindle for awhile.

It is very frustrating.

As Dan says, we don't need to know a date, but some kind of status update would be very appreciated.

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 2:14 PM

Ok, so now it has been OVER TWO YEARS since I ordered my Lutheran Apocrypha (and I know some others did before me), and still not a peep from Logos. 

If they could just say,"you know what; we aren't going to be able to produce this after all. We though it would workout but there have been issues we just couldn't work out," I'd appreciate that. I could get it on Kindle and move on.

SOMETHING, PLEASE, LOGOS! 

Thank you,
Scott

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 29 2014 5:48 PM

I am going to post here again next week. As I understand it most Faithlife employees are on leave for the holidays. That being the case I hate to think it gets missed because no one is around to see it.... I really want to know what's going on too..

-Dan

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 5 2015 5:52 PM

BUMP

We want to know something please... I will bump this daily till it gets noticed by a Faithlife person.

-Dan

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 9:36 AM

BUMP

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:34 PM

I should have an update on this product soon. I apologize for the wait, I know it's been a long time coming, and not much in the way of communication. Sad

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:43 PM

Thanks so much...

-Dan

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 1:48 PM

Dan Francis:

Thanks so much...

-Dan

Thank you for the extreme patience. I wish I could share more. Hopefully soon.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS