A High Priority, please, for The Apocrypha: The Lutheran Edition with Notes

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 7
Raymond Wood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 6 2015 2:00 PM

I too have been waiting for the Logos version of this book.  Next month it will be two years since I placed my pre-order.  I finally got tired of waiting and bought the physical book from Concordia.   However I still want the Logos edition.  I just wish someone at Faithlife would tell us what the holdup is.

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 6:20 PM

Thank you, Dan. Your response is greatly appreciated.

I must ask: what time period is "soon" defined as by Logos? that is not a snarky comment nor trying to get a specific that I know you are not able to. Rather, I would just like to know if soon is closer to now or, say, 3 months from now? 4 months? 6 months?

Certainly in my mind, soon would not be great than 3 months, but I know the term is loose. If Logos' definition is different, could we try to come up with more agreeable terms?

Perhaps:

• "soon" = between tomorrow and three months
  • "soon-ish" = between 3-6 months
  • "a bit" = 6-9 months
  • "a while" = 9-12 months
  • "forget-about-it" > 12 months

Would one of those be something you could help narrow down while still remaining somewhat non-specific/non-committal?

Again, your response is greatly appreciated, Dan. I thank you.

In joy,
Scott

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 15 2015 7:00 PM

From Gabe's response it doesn't sound like there is much he can say. This MAY mean there is some difficulties in getting the contract nailed down... this MIGHT suggest it is going to take an extra effort to get the ESV Apocrypha from Oxford. I am not not employed by Faithlife nor have any particular inside information (I have emailed Bob in the past and received a response but I am hardly in the loop). The may and might above is just an educated guess at what could be going on. Gabe and faithlife in general often cannot say much without possibly endangering negotiations. 

-Dan

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:23 AM

I meant "Gabe" in my previous post!

Sorry about that, Dan (&Gabe).

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 9:49 AM

Fortress Commentary on the Bible (2 vols.) Might be a good alternative to this.. I know not quite the same but likely a bit more in depth and at this point i wouldn't say  the Concordia volume will be released before it.

-Dan

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 1:32 PM

This appears to need a bit of a push as it is not pushing towards production very quickly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 16 2015 5:35 PM

I know... New work on the entire Bible with Apocrypha, I thought it would be be a no brainer for Catholics and anyone wanting to learn more about the Apocrypha. I was so impressed with the treatment on ruth... I will add it again here so people can get an idea of how the treatment goes.

4571.Ruth Fortress Commentary.pdf

-Dan

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 20 2015 10:49 AM

BUMP

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 12:47 PM

BUMP

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 1:30 PM

Okay guys at this point all posting/bumping on this thread does is bring it back up in my to read list giving me hope that Gabe has reach a point that he has something to communicate ... has anyone checked for any recent research on the health consequences of quickly repeating raising of false expectations?Huh?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 1:54 PM

I can confirm as of today that this work is now fully under production. Keep an eye both here and on the product page for an actual shipping date.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:13 PM

That is great news... better late than never...

-Dan

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:23 PM

Thanks Gabe ... this time there was reason for hope Wink

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 2:24 PM

Gabe what is being done about the fact this is tied to the ESV translation of the apocrypha .... which we do not have?

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 21 2015 6:43 PM

Yes

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 22 2015 9:06 AM

THANK YOU, GABE!!! That is great news and I greatly appreciate the update!

MJ, I apologize for the false hope, but wishful patience was not working either and may have even given the feeling by those in production that no one really cares much and so we don't need to work on it. Certainly my frustration may have been channeled better and I apologize for that.

In any event, this is great news!

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 9:35 AM

MJ. Smith:

Gabe what is being done about the fact this is tied to the ESV translation of the apocrypha .... which we do not have?

The biblical text will be included. This will essentially download as two resources: text + notes (which can then be synced).

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 11:39 AM

Thanks - that is very good news

Posts 26
Scott E. Heitshusen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 23 2015 7:49 PM

That's fantastic, Gabe! Thank you for that information!

Posts 240
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2015 4:19 PM

Gabe:

MJ. Smith:

The biblical text will be included. This will essentially download as two resources: text + notes (which can then be synced).

Hi Gabe, I've only just noticed that the Lutheran Apocrypha study Bible will be shipping later this month.  Huzzah!  Do you know if the ESV Apocrypha will have an associated Greek reverse interlinear mapping (like the NRSV), or is it just the ESV translation itself for now?

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS