Logos 4.0 Beta error { temporary solution to try)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 276
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:12 AM | Locked

hi everybody

I can get this version to work if I go into program settings and switch off  show visual bookmarks

there is also a problem with shortcuts  crash occurs every time I try  to put a book on the toolbar

running Windows XP service Pack 3

mick

Mick
Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:55 AM | Locked

Michael Parry -Thomas:

there is also a problem with shortcuts  crash occurs every time I try  to put a book on the toolbar

Hi Mick,

Can you get a log file for this crash?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 276
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:39 PM | Locked

hi

some strange reason error log is not present, the error reporting tool communicate with the server and send the relevant logs

Libronix 4  is on a D drive   there  is a folder on my C drive called Libronix Log Files

this is empty,  is there another location for the  error logs ,  the reporting tool definitely created

and sent them to the server and this took quite a while

mick

Mick
Posts 5558
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:44 PM | Locked

Michael Parry -Thomas:

I had a problem with this last night and also reported it (can't speak to your other issues).

I have one computer with the Beta on it, and the other with SR7. After the error with the beta machine (last night), I restarted my SR7 machine. Then I went back to the Beta Machine and everything worked just fine. I even was able to put on a shortcut that the SR7 machine saw and also installed.

If this parallels your setup in any way, you may want to try what I did. If not, just ignore this whole post.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:47 PM | Locked

You'll first need to temporarily enable logging by holding the Ctrl key down when you open Logos 4 and keeping it held down until the Sign In screen appears. Then click Sign In.  Or you can run the scripts to enable and disable logging: http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/EnableLogging.js and http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/DisableLogging.js.

Log files are found in \Documents (or My Documents)\Logos Log Files.

Melissa

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:52 PM | Locked

Michael Parry -Thomas:

I'm running XP SP 3 but have no problem with shortcuts on the toolbar (except that a CBV shortcut  always link to MicrosoftWord in spite of my settings to OpenOffice).

Posts 276
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:10 PM | Locked

Hi

error logs

Mick
Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:13 PM | Locked

Michael Parry -Thomas:

error logs

Thanks, I've got them.

Melissa

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 1:13 PM | Locked

Michael Parry -Thomas: