Doubled number of search results in bible search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:36 PM

Bible Searches for a single word result in double hits. See attached picture.

Version: 4.6a Beta 5

Regards
Markus

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2012 3:08 PM

Markus Schiller:

Using Logos 4.6a Beta 5, can replicate search for All Bible Text in Interlinear Bibles showing results for all lines that match search term:

Note: Logos 4.6a Beta 5 on Windows 7 may be working as designed; proper names tend to have a one to one correspondence across languages.

Buggy that all lines displayed in search results are the manuscript line.  Personally wish for different Bible lines to appear when searching All Bible Text.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9855
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2012 4:02 PM

Markus Schiller:

Version: 4.6a Beta 5

Markus,

The resource has multiple lines of fields (here stem form and surface text) that are searched with "all text" to get correct results, it seems one needs to use "stem form" here - which explains as well why there are some single lines in your result above.

Note that "surface text" will yield only "Israel", not "Israels", it seems "Match all word forms" doesn't work on a German language resource, instead they lemmatized the resource with the stem-form fileds.

Hope this helps,

Mick

PS: KS4J, it seems, Markus as well as I used the latest beta on Windows.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2012 4:33 PM

Markus Schiller:
Bible Searches for a single word result in double hits.

If the REB is an Interlinear there may be search fields with that value i.e what is listed when you click on "All Bible Text"? If there are no search fields it would appear to be a bug. Does the same happen when you search for words like Wegen or Haus?

EDIT: I see NB Mick has illustrated the issue.

In LHI I can restrict the search for Israel to Literal text or Lexical value to prevent double hits.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:30 PM

REB is no interlinear.

However, I think I have found the reason of this double hits: There is one hit for the stem form and one hit for the surface text.

Thank you all for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS