Add English Gloss to Original Language Morph Search Results?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:49 AM

I am working on creating a "reader's" lexicon for a few books of the Bible in the Khmer language - we've done a few books manually, but then someone suggested we use a program to do the bulk of the work. 

After seeing this post: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/27606/221201.aspx#221201

I tried the morph search for Greek or Hebrew @B OR @C OR @D OR @I OR @J OR @N OR @P OR @R OR @T OR @V OR @X

and that works great (every word comes up in original language order for a book searched).

But is there any way to include the English gloss in the table, as well as word frequency in the book, and total word frequency?

I know you can get the word frequency by sorting by lemma, but then the word order is not in the order it appears in the text, but sorted by lemma.

Thanks for your help,

Nathan

Posts 24855
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 24 2012 2:33 AM

Perhaps a Word List (in File menu) would help you

Use the Add menu to get words e.g. I input a reference Mk 1-4 for the first 4 chapters of Mark (there was a limit of about 4 chapters but that may have changed).

You can build up word lists and combine them using Merge | Union (from the Merge menu above).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS