Custom Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:07 PM

From reading various forum post, it appears this is not possible, but I thought it would be worth a try.  

According to the wiki article (http://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans), it appears as though you can hand enter a large number of passages into the "new reference range" box and it should break your reading plan down according to your detailed passages (e.g. Harmony of the Gospels, etc.).  

I tried putting in my complete ESV M'Cheyne Plan (slightly different from the one in Logos [the fourth reading follows a different pattern]).  The problem is even with reading from all 365 days defined individually (in this format: Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, Gen 4,  with "|" in between the separate readings) Logos still breaks it down in its own way.  If you look at the year as a whole it follows the plan, but the individual days are off due to Logos trying to break things down evenly.

Any way to do this?  The only other option I can think of, so I can have access on my iPad, is to create a note document with the reading plan.  Which is less than ideal.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:12 PM

Customized reading plans are a real weakness of Logos. I don't Think there's a good way to do what you want to do.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 69
Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2012 12:44 PM

Well, it appears as though my notes idea will not work because you cannot open hyperlinks from a Note on the iPad . . . unless I am missing something.

------------------------------------------

The Idol Factory

http://www.theidolfactory.com 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2012 1:15 PM

I don't have my iPad with me currently, but last I checked, hyperlinks in notes were not enabled in the mobile app.

Posts 21875
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:32 PM

alabama24:

I don't have my iPad with me currently, but last I checked, hyperlinks in notes were not enabled in the mobile app.

Hi Alabama, you mean your iPad doesn't go with you everywhere!

Just to confirm hyperlinks in notes are not enabled at the moment. Clicking one brings up the virtual keyboard to allow editing, instead.

Graham

Posts 3
Chris Leinss | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:53 AM

@thecow

I was able to use the free PC software to make customizations to the reading plan.  I did the same as you suggested except it appears that a semicolon is used between the readings.  I copied one of the chronological reading plans into the reference range box and logos recognized it without a problem.  Not sure if this helps or not.

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 7:04 AM

Welcome to the forums Chris! Smile

For clarification: the method you outlined is good for setting basic parameters, but will not allow for specific readings. The software will chop up the passages in a mechanical way. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS