4.6a (4.61.0.3347) available for download

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:15 AM

Michael A. Tanner:

Unless I am missing something, this is a poor substitute for the Sermon File capability in Logos 3.  It lacks the easy interface.  It does not add new sermons to the book of my sermons created in Logos 3, and it does not synchronize to my sermons on logos.com.  Please tell me this is not all you can do after almost three years.  If it is, it makes me extremely reluctant to upgrade to Logos 5.  Will I have to wait months and years to get in Logos 5 what I already have in 3 or 4?

Yeah I'm not really into it either.  According to the MVP it seems that what we now have for it in L4 through PBB is here to stay.

L3 was so much easier and I only got to use it for a couple of sermons

Posts 177
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:34 PM

I agree L3 was and is easier I just wonder,(if this is how it is gonna be) what should i do to integrate the 100-250 or so sermons I have into the new PBB style or should I just leave them well enough alone.

Posts 33
Mark Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:31 PM

While I have similar questions and concerns, I did find this which helped a bit:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37157/410162.aspx#410162 - link to a post with macros (and a video) for Word 2010 to help in creating sermon files (there are also links for Word 2007 and 2003 if you search a little)

My question now is, even with those macros, when I add a new "sermon book", it shows up as whatever I enter it as, i.e. a Monograph, or a Bible Note, or whatever, not as a new "Sermon" file type.  With the headers that the macros create, it looks as if there should be a "Sermon" file type.  Why isn't there and/or why doesn't it show up?

Posts 5
Bruce Meyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:18 PM

I'm also wondering how the personal book builder helps us with our sermons when the PBB files aren't available in the mobile devices.  I can file them in Logos but they fail to show up where I need them most: on my Ipad right next to the text I'm preaching for a given service.  It seems to me that the Logos software engineers have several good possibilities available to make Logos a terrific tool, not just for writing the sermons, but for filing them and then preaching from those files on a mobile device.  So far, however, none of those methods seems to be taking shape.  For all of the terrific tools available, the link between those tools and the actual preaching event still seems like a mere dream.  So close and yet . . . .  

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS