How Do You "ADD SYNTAX" in a Personal Book?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:06 PM

Mick,

That's what I used - but only the top part of it. Do I want to paste the whole table on the docx?

Posts 10102
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:17 PM

yes, sure.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:26 PM

Mick,

That is what I used in part [that is, I pasted in the top part on the docx document]. But am I supposed to paste in the whole graph table?

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:39 PM

Mick,

Here's part [the upper section] of the docx that I used [attached] but it didn't show anything [when putlished] except the words "Optional Speaker and Venue".

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:58 PM

Mick,

I pasted in the template from Spurgeon's sermon [The Sin of Unbelief] and modified it for myself - and it worked. But the one's suggested by Logos [4572.SermonFileMetadataTableSample.docx] didn't work. I also noticed that it is a different format than the Spurgeon one.

Posts 10102
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:15 PM

Bill Fiess:

I pasted in the template from Spurgeon's sermon [The Sin of Unbelief] and modified it for myself - and it worked.

Glad!

Bill Fiess:
the one's suggested by Logos didn't work. I also noticed that it is a different format than the Spurgeon one.

It seems from your screenshot, you put info into the left column of the table, wheras the idea clearly seems to be that you leave the left column alone and fill your information into the right column. If you leave the right column empty, it won't work.

btw. The format looks clearly the same to me in Word. I haven't bothered to check the XML representation which gets processed by the PB compiler. Can you share the differences you see?  

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:40 PM

What are the templates you are pasting into your docx?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:38 PM

i just added the sermon table as a macro to Word. (see this post).

When the macro is run it embeds the table into your docs where your cursor was before calling the macro. From viewing your images in the different posts, it appears you are entering your info into the table in the wrong cells. If you turned on all borders for the table you would then see clearly where the cells are that you need to enter your data.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 26
Scott Cody | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:48 PM

Can I add any syntax features to the list?  For instance, can I add a row that let's met sort between "SERMONS" and "ILLUSTRATIONS" or should I just create a different PB for each collection?

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 5:00 AM

Scott Cody:
Can I add any syntax features to the list?

I tried it and it really did not recognize it. Well it printed but did not index.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 10102
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:32 AM

Bill Fiess:

What are the templates you are pasting into your docx?

Bill,

I use these exact ones that Logos provided.

See attached a sample file that was used before in beta-testing this, I updated it from the file you posted - when you build it, it will generate all the indexes at the end. 

6644.Sermons by the Fount.docx

This may show how you could do your sermon collection. Of course, you may choose to have the sermons each in a different file and then build them together into one resource.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS