Logos 4 has stopped working after updating

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:34 PM

I, too, am having the same issues with L4 not working after updating.  I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not...

I had a similar problem before here which was fixed with another update from Logos.  The machine that I am having issues with is a computer that does not have access to the internet, and from the thread that I mentioned above, it was determined that the problem was that I was never logging onto the Logos website when starting L4.

This machine is running Win XP SP3.  My error logs are attached.

18787.Logos4Crash.txt

7752.Logos4Error.log

If you need more info on the problem, please let me know.  Thanks.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 27028
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:14 PM

Tom,

(Not sure if you created another thread) As you may gather there is a lot of traffic about Logos 5 and your issue has been overlooked. I would suggest you get in touch with Logos Support as it is not immediately obvious to me what the fix might be.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:40 PM

Thanks for the reply, Dave.  Bradley Grainger reponded here and knew that the problem was that this computer is an offline computer, but did not have and answer on how to fix it, as of yet.  When I had this problem in the past, they fixed it with an updated installer.  I realize they are probably overwhelmed with L5 right now, so I am taking that into consideration.  I have not yet purchased L5 yet, but plan to soon.  Unfortunately, this PC is running XP, so I hope to get this running so I can continue to run L4 on it.  Thanks again.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 3190
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:02 PM

Hi Tom,

Can you setup logging and record the crash, and posting the logs by using these instructions? www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/logging

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:29 PM

Hi Tommy,

I got L4 running in a rather unorthodox way here.  So, I won't be able to give you any other crash logs besides the ones that I posted earlier in this thread.  (I also posted them in other thread that I mentioned earlier.)  The problem was related to the fact that I did not have an internet connection and L4 could not sign me in.  According to the instructions for diagnostic logging, I start L4 holding the CTRL key and sign in.  I couldn't sign in because I was offline, so after I click sign in, the window pops back up and I have click Work Offline.  It then crashes and the two logs that I post were the only logs created.  Here they are zipped, if they can be of any help to you:

8176.Logos Log Files.ZIP

If I attempt an update on this computer again, I may run into the same problem and will post more logs here.

EDIT:

I didn't realize that Logos had stopped support of Windows XP.  (Just found that out on another thread.)  Had I known that, I would have not made a big deal out of this.  I don't know if this is an XP issue or just that fact that I am offline on this computer.  Either way, thanks for showing interest in the problem...

Posts 27028
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:10 PM

Tom Geswein:
I didn't realize that Logos had stopped support of Windows XP. 

You still get (occasional) updates to L4 on Windows XP but the new Logos 5 will not install on XP.  New resources will still work on L4

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3190
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:08 AM

Dave Hooton:

Tom Geswein:
I didn't realize that Logos had stopped support of Windows XP. 

You still get (occasional) updates to L4 on Windows XP but the new Logos 5 will not install on XP.  New resources will still work on L4

Also, it isn't that we dropped support for Windows XP. We will still update Logos 4 as needed. It is that new versions of our software, Logs 5 et. al., will not support Windows XP. Logoso 5 uses a version of .NET that does not support Windows XP. 

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS