Classical Gk and Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew Videos

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 28 2012 8:00 AM

Over here in the second largest city of the Nordic, if You desire to study Gk separately the only class is classical Gk. Will the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew Videos be of help?

My interest is Biblical NT Gk, but I avoid applying to seminary because of theological disagreements so I have only the classical Gk option.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:41 PM

Unix:
Will the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew Videos be of help?

As I understand it, the videos are about learning to use Logos, not about learning Greek and Hebrew.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:48 PM

Unix:
Will the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew Videos be of help?

The Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew with Logos Bible Software has 31 Greek videos, which use Logos 4 to illustrate Greek grammatical usage, including visual filters.  The level of instruction is comparable to the 3rd year of Greek language study.

Thread => The HOW and WHY of Verbal Intensity? has some language insights.  Learning Greek video 27 focuses on imperative mood.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 8:20 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
The level of instruction is comparable to the 3rd year of Greek language study.

He's in Sweden. "3rd year of Greek" here would mean you're well into your Doctoral studies, in either Greek or NT. We rarely do more than one course at a time, two at most, so I would imagine your "3rd year" probably starts during our 2nd term.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 8:39 PM

Unix:

Over here in the second largest city of the Nordic, if You desire to study Gk separately the only class is classical Gk. Will the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew Videos be of help?

My interest is Biblical NT Gk, but I avoid applying to seminary because of theological disagreements so I have only the classical Gk option.

Take the classical course.  It'll be good for you.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:11 PM

fgh:

The level of instruction is comparable to the 3rd year of Greek language study.

He's in Sweden. "3rd year of Greek" here would mean you're well into your Doctoral studies, in either Greek or NT. We rarely do more than one course at a time, two at most, so I would imagine your "3rd year" probably starts during our 2nd term.

My first year of Greek in an undergraduate college used a textbook => Essentials of New Testament Greek, Revised

Noticed Logos has another resource => Learning New Testament Greek Now and Then that includes sentence diagramming.

My second year of undergraduate Greek study used Dana & Mantey, which is not available in Logos; has been suggested => Machen and Dana/Mantey  However, Logos has => Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics 

Logos has some reference Greek grammars, including => Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research and for Classical Greek => Greek Grammar for Colleges

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:20 PM

Logos has some reference Greek grammars, including => Grammar of the Greek New Testament in the Light of Historical Research and for Classical Greek => Greek Grammar for Colleges

The Smyth volume is highly recommended.  It also proves useful for NT despite the fact that it is mainly geared to classical.  Sometimes you will find things in Smyth you will not find (or not find easily) in NT grammars.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 232
AndyTheGreek | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 29 2012 2:05 AM

George Somsel:
The Smyth volume is highly recommended.  It also proves useful for NT despite the fact that it is mainly geared to classical.  Sometimes you will find things in Smyth you will not find (or not find easily) in NT grammars.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS