Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:29 AM

Thanks for clarifying. As I mentioned, your experience seems to be unique… I am perplexed. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Chauncey Allmond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:02 AM

Hello all.  I am experiencing the exact same thing as Daniel.  I just recreated a new reading plan last night (ESV Old & New Testament Each Session every day) and after reading on my iPad this morning, I was not able to "Mark Read."  It just turned blue and nothing happened.  I then went to the home screen to manually check.  Just looked at my desktop (Logos 5) and it is NOT checked.  Additionally, I wanted to do the M'Cheyne plan but it kept defaulting to Jan 1 and not Nov 12 as I hoped.

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:07 AM

Hi Joe. Re the M'Cheyne plan - create it, it will say Jan 1. Then go to todays date and select adjust plan from here.

Re the other issue...I'm still waiting too!

Dan

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:36 AM

Hi Joe

If you get the M'Cheyne plan to start on any day other than the 1st January it stops being the M'Cheyne plan.

The great man designed the plan with a whole lot of things in mind and it doesn't work as well when dislocated from the year dates.

The way to start a M'Cheyne plan mid year is to instal it - mark it read up to the date you want to start and finish this year's set of readings. Next year you simply start with a new plan and complete the cycle.

Posts 7
Chauncey Allmond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:42 AM

Thanks Mike!  I think I will stick with the Old and New Test each session plan.  Just need to be able to mark it complete on the iPad now.  Thanks again.

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:57 AM

Mike Binks:
If you get the M'Cheyne plan to start on any day other than the 1st January it stops being the M'Cheyne plan.

Joe - To clarify Mike a little… The M'Cheyne plan is based upon the liturgical year… (is that correct Mike?). I think that is what Mike is saying… it loses some of its meaning when you use the readings on different days than intended… however… I don't come from a liturgical background so the readings have no meaning for me outside of the text. There isn't a software / Logos reason why you can't start the M'Cheyne plan anytime you want to. I have done so before, and completed the plan that way.

With that said… I am waiting until January 1st to start the M'Cheyne reading plan again. Big Smile (The devotionals For The Love of God, volumes 1&2 are based on the M'Cheney readings. Those devotionals are tagged as "calendar devotionals" and open up to the calendar date, so it is easier to read them together all at once using the plan as intended).

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:11 AM

Joe - does it mark as read ok on the iphone? Started working on mine the other day ok. I need to test my ipad again tho

Posts 7
Chauncey Allmond | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:29 AM

No, it didn't mark as read on iPhone or iPad (after manually checking it off on desktop).

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:36 AM

Try holding on Mark as read for a couple of seconds. Worked on my iphone

Posts 4711
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:36 PM

alabama24:
I think that is what Mike is saying… it loses some of its meaning when you use the readings on different days than intended… however… I don't come from a liturgical background so the readings have no meaning for me outside of the text.

Surely even you notice when it is Easter and Christmas? Although some of the readings are tangental to the liturgical year.

alabama24:
With that said… I am waiting until January 1st to start the M'Cheyne reading plan again. Big Smile (The devotionals For The Love of God, volumes 1&2 are based on the M'Cheney readings. Those devotionals are tagged as "calendar devotionals" and open up to the calendar date, so it is easier to read them together all at once using the plan as intended).

These have been my readings for this year, and very interesting I have found them.

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:46 PM

Mike Binks:
Surely even you notice when it is Easter and Christmas?

Sometimes. Surprise

I didn't mean to imply there wasn't great value in reading the plan as written… but I would much rather my congregation start a reading plan in June than to wait until January. Stick out tongue

(Of course, you could start in the middle of the plan in the middle of the year… but for some people that would be an excuse not to start.)

Posts 3160
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:52 PM

I wasn't able to reproduce the behavior but we're aware of the issue and currently working on fixing it. 

Posts 4
robert wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:56 AM

my iPad reading plan has problems with the New Testament. 

It say Hebrews and open Philippians.

Any ideas. 

Reading plan works from Mac Laptop.

Posts 22383
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:52 AM

Hi Robert - and welcome to the forums.

This sounds like a very different problem to that being discussed here and I don't understand what you are seeing.

I suggest you start a new thread and explain exactly what is going on. Such as:

• details of the reading plan
  • what version of which iPad app you are using
  • ideally a screenshot showing the reading plan entry and what happens when you click on it

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 28129
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 10:01 AM

robert wilson:

my iPad reading plan has problems with the New Testament. 

It say Hebrews and open Philippians.

Any ideas. 

Reading plan works from Mac Laptop.

One of the most common reasons for a book opening to the wrong spot is an outdated resource needing updating. Check for updates... If you don't see any, try deleting the resource and re downloading it. 

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS