The best resource for analyzing sentences and clauses in Greek

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:25 AM

I want to go deeper into the study of sentences and clauses. My level Greek is basic-intermediate (two years of Greek in seminary). What is the best resource and why?

Thank you.

P.D. The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Bundle (6 vols.) is a good choice?

Posts 1852
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 4:17 AM

For this I think you want the Syntax databases that were introduced in Libronix 3.0.  All have their little quirks, but Opentext is a good start.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 2454
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 5:49 AM

Ernesto A. Ochoa Ramos:

The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Bundle (6 vols.) is a good choice?

Yes! It is a great starting point.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:00 AM

If syntax analysis is indeed your goal, discourse (techniques of emphasizing meaning) is typically one level ABOVE syntax (methods of conveying meaning) .So, though the discourse bundle is good, it won't likely get you what you want.

If you want to do down and dirty syntax analysis, any of the 3 syntax resources (Lexham, OpenText or Cascadia) would get you the basic tool. After that, you'd do best exploring the syntax videos that use the Logos syntax databases, since comparison across different texts for a writer best illustrates what you're looking for.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3
Leticia Dearman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:21 AM

Can you get this in the basic?

Posts 611
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:33 AM

I believe that you would at least need the original lnguage base package.

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:20 AM

DMB:

If syntax analysis is indeed your goal, discourse (techniques of emphasizing meaning) is typically one level ABOVE syntax (methods of conveying meaning) .So, though the discourse bundle is good, it won't likely get you what you want.

My goal is learn discourse (techniques of emphasizing meaning)  about. So I thought about buying The Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Bundle (6 vols.) but before we look into each resource suggested.

Your contribution has been invaluable.

Thank you!!

Posts 69
Ernesto Ochoa | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:33 AM

Kenneth and David, thank you!!

Leticia, yes, but my goal it´s deeper in discourse level, not syntax analysis about. Thank you.

Pastor Jesse, i have a Scholar’s library, includes a original languages resources. Thank you.

God Bless you!!

A hug from Spain.

Ernesto

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS