Deleting Multiple Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:20 AM

So I just paid some actual attention to my "Recent" layouts and discovered I have layouts still "saved" from 2010! How many hundreds of layouts I may have in the "recent" section is uncertain, but one thing I know... I cannot figure out a way to delete a mass number of them all at once. Is that possible, or must I really delete them one by one!

Also, is it still true that if all the layouts on the "recent" side are deleted, that all the saved ones on the left side are also deleted, or was that "fixed" (I noted that issue in another post, but it was from 2011).

Posts 1658
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:40 PM

A very few of the latest ones are automatically saved by Logos. They are called "snapshot" or "application closed"

Scott:
Also, is it still true that if all the layouts on the "recent" side are deleted, that all the saved ones on the left side are also deleted

Yes

Scott:
I have layouts still "saved" from 2010!

Almost all of them "should" be layouts that you have "named" and so would also be on the keft side of that window.

Scott:
must I really delete them one by one!

As far as I know.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 7
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:53 PM

Yes, I know some of the recent ones are due to the snapshots. But also, I have different "versions" of the named ones at the left, at various points when I updated those (so while there is one named one on the left, there may be 10+ in the right).

That really stinks if you have to delete one by one.

Posts 853
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:59 PM

Scott:

must I really delete them one by one!

You asked two questions in one.

No, you do not need to delete recent layouts. They automatically fall off the bottom of the list and go to Alphabet Heaven.

Yes, you can delete all recent layouts, and if you insist on going through this exercise in frustration, the only way to do it is one at a time. Why? See the first answer. <grin>

Posts 7
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 3:41 PM

Jack Hairston:
No, you do not need to delete recent layouts. They automatically fall off the bottom of the list and go to Alphabet Heaven.

That would seem to not be true, as I noted, I have layouts back from 2010, and multiple layouts for my named ones instead of just the most recently saved one. So there is not much "automatically" falling off the bottom occurring for me. Maybe certain types of layouts automatically drop off over time.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 4:01 PM

Scott ... you didn't answer SteveF's implied question (and therefore didn't owe an implied answer!).

But what exactly is the 2010 layout (first one). On mine, the first dated layout happens to be my oldest saved layout  (which is about 90 days ago). In between then and now are some miscellaneous ones.  Not sure what possessed the software to remember them.

But in theory, if the 2010 is indeed your oldest saved layout, re-saving it would automatically clear everything after that until the next saved layout.

This of course is speculation since we're never sure exactly how Logos programmed the software (vs described what they did after everyone started complaining).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 7
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:17 PM

If by implied question you mean are most of them named layouts, yes, for the most part it appears so. However, resaving them has never cleared out a single one, it just seems to add another version of it in the right side. However, your comment does give me an idea to try.

Posts 7
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:29 PM

I found one way to speed up deletions. If I select from the left list and bring up my saved layout, it then becomes the snapshot layout also. Then, I delete that layout from the left side and it deletes all the various saved layouts of it in the right side (I did one that had 4 layouts on the right). Then I "resave" the snapshot back to the name I had.

That allowed me to delete all four layouts at once, but ultimately keep my saved layout. Its still a bit cumbersome, but better than deleting one by one on layouts that have a lot of versions saved.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS