Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 38 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2769
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2009 3:25 PM | Locked

Still.

What I mean is that instead of being my system color it is all black and I cannot see any of the buttons even those in the upper right corner. This has been a problem since the original beta of Logos 4, but I have yet to hear anyone from Logos address it.

I am running a Lenovo K100 desktop with Windows 7 64 bit and an Nvidia 9400 series graphics card with the latest drivers from the Nvidia site installed and all the latest drivers for my system installed. I am running currently the send beta of 4.0a.

Posts 1955
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 4:03 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:
I have yet to hear anyone from Logos address it.

Kevin, I addressed this on Monday when you mentioned it. The devs are aware of the issue and looking into it.

Posts 2769
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:51 PM | Locked

Phil Gons:

Kevin A. Purcell:
I have yet to hear anyone from Logos address it.

Kevin, I addressed this on Monday when you mentioned it. The devs are aware of the issue and looking into it.

OK. Sorry. I am usually very habitual about checking my discussion for updates. Just must have missed it. But glad it is confirmed and I'd be glad to help them run down the problem if need be. Just so you know it is not just in the beta but the sr7.

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 1:19 PM | Locked

Regarding the mysterious black bar.  Like others experiencing it, I am running Win7 64 bit.  It didn't occur a single time, until I connected a second monitor.  Now it comes and goes, as others have described.  I have disconnected the 2nd monitor to see if it comes up again while using a single monitor. 

It's no big deal, but I thought the 2nd monitor effect might be helpful to whoever is tracking this one down.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:34 PM | Locked

Scott Howard Clark:
It's no big deal, but I thought the 2nd monitor effect might be helpful to whoever is tracking this one down.
That actually makes it sound like a problem with Aero struggling to work with WPF on a relatively underpowered chip.  WPF is a bit more power hungry than some other methods of drawing on the screen.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:38 PM | Locked

Thomas Black:

Scott Howard Clark:
That actually makes it sound like a problem with Aero struggling to work with WPF on a relatively underpowered chip.  WPF is a bit more power hungry than some other methods of drawing on the screen.

Except that I'm running an ATI Radeon 4850 and an i7-920 and still get the problem.

I have one of two problems, either I see the black bar, or (after minimize/restore) L4 does not allow Windows auto-hide taskbar to show. I also occasionally get artifacts in the L4 window this way.

I suspect an issue in DX11 on Win7 64bit systems, since the issue appears to be restricted to Win7 64bit systems.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:42 PM | Locked

I'm running on an nVidia 9200M GS w/256MB dedicated.  Not super fast to be sure, but should be enough to handle what L4 is throwing along with my dual core 2.0g processor and 4GB Ram. 

Richard, are you running 2 monitors?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:45 PM | Locked

Scott Howard Clark:

I'm running on an nVidia 9200M GS w/256MB dedicated.  Not super fast to be sure, but should be enough to handle what L4 is throwing along with my dual core 2.0g processor and 4GB Ram. 

Richard, are you running 2 monitors?

Yes.

In fact (never mentioned this before), when the black bar is active I get some spill over of the black L4 window border to the second monitor, at full screen. This is not seen when a minimize/restore removes the black bar.

Posts 147
Scott H. Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 4:02 PM | Locked

I haven't had the problem return since disconnecting my 2nd monitor, but I'll let everyone know if it does. 

Since I am on a laptop, the second monitor was more of a test for me than anything particularly practical.  Still, I'd love to know if there was something to the way Win7 64-bit handles 2 monitors that is driving this.

Posts 3
Eric Bieber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:33 AM | Locked

I am also having this problem with Windows 7 64-bit. My computer is also not under powered with ATI Radeon 4850 and i7 with 6GB of DDR3 Memory.  Any update yet?

Posts 3
Eric Bieber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:36 AM | Locked

I am also using dual monitors. But when I disable one of the monitors it shows up normal.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:45 AM | Locked

does the command "set custom chrome to no" help with this?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3
Eric Bieber | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 3:04 PM | Locked

Robert Pavich:

does the command "set custom chrome to no" help with this?

That did work changed the look of the toolbar but it is better than it was.  Thanks.

Posts 2769
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:57 PM | Locked

Yes that helped for me too. Eric, what do you mean by "changed the look of the toolbar but it is better than it was."? The only thing I really notice is that it is no longer black. In fact looks normal now.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:29 AM | Locked

Kevin,

it makes the title bar a little more compact.

Set to no:

Set to yes:

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2769
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:02 AM | Locked

I see what you are talking about now. BTW I just entered "set custom chrome to yes" an d it seems to be ok now. I minimize and maximize and it is not black and not small like in your screen shot.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 12:47 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

BTW I just entered "set custom chrome to yes" an d it seems to be ok now. I minimize and maximize and it is not black and not small like in your screen shot.

What I've found, Kevin is that works, only in the same session. If you close L4 and reopen with chrome set to yes, the black-bar-of-annoyance returns.

Posts 2769
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:47 PM | Locked

I just tried it in the same session and it didn't work this time. So it is still intermittent.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 6:46 AM | Locked

My title bar stays black no matter what I set custom chrome to.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 6:49 AM | Locked

Sorry - I'm not running the beta and my title bar is always black.

I'm using 4.0a SR-2.  It's black on both computers and both computers use Nvidia graphics cards.

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS