No iPhone? Try library.logos.com on a mobile device...

Page 1 of 4 (67 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 1706
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 25 2009 3:34 PM

Use your mobile web browser (BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, etc. -- even iPhone, though there is an iPhone specific app) and visit http://library.logos.com.

You should have access to some basic books; if you sign in you should get more, and if you sign in and are a Logos 4 user, many of your book should be available through the mobile device.

This is still in beta, and we're working to improve it, but we'd love to get your feedback. We're starting with basic functionality, and then adding more interactive features as we go (and as the device browsers allow).

Enjoy!

-- Bob

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 4:53 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Use your mobile web browser (BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Android, etc. -- even iPhone, though there is an iPhone specific app) and visit http://library.logos.com.

You should have access to some basic books; if you sign in you should get more, and if you sign in and are a Logos 4 user, many of your book should be available through the mobile device.

This is still in beta, and we're working to improve it, but we'd love to get your feedback. We're starting with basic functionality, and then adding more interactive features as we go (and as the device browsers allow).

Enjoy!

-- Bob

This looks great so far!  I'm trying it on my HTC Windows Mobile 6.1 phone.  The interface is clean and simple - I like it a lot.  For the library navigation part, the search function is very useful.  Perhaps an indicator that shows "Page __ of ___"/First/Last page to jump more quickly through the list.  I look forward to seeing how the site develops! 

One other note, I couldn't get my Hebrew bible to display properly on my phone via mobile Internet Explorer.  I think perhaps I need a font installed, but I'm not sure which one would be best.  Perhaps I should copy one from my Logos install.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:03 PM

Bob Pritchett:

So, I have an older HP IPAQ rx3715 with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. It has a version of MSIE. I got as far as the link you provided. I saw the wording telling me to sign in or log in. A running commentary follows as I do stuff, just as I do it, hence one long, rambling paragraph:

Well, I signed in only to have the screen tell me that I already have an account. I went back to the original screen and started banging everything with the stylus. Come to find out that the tiny words were the clue, but could not see the link on my screen. I logged in. Hit enter, logged in again, hit enter, and got a "Server Error 404 file or directory not found."  Hit the back button to find a page that tells me that I'm about to leave an SSL-encryption, and, yes, I want to continue. Bang the screen again. This brings me to the main screen at Logos.com. Not sure if this is what you meant. Backspace. Now there is an option to log out and four unidentified icons at both the top and bottom of the screen. Bang on the house. Now, that winds up at library.logos.com, which is where I think I was supposed to be in the first place..heh. Bang on the black book icon. Hah! Got a nifty list of books. Banged on "All the Questions" at least 3 times. Got the title page. Banged on the 3 black dots..not sure what they are.. Got "about," "account," "text comparison," and "passage guide." No sign of the next page in the book. Banged on the white book. Got back to the title page. This time a right-pointing triangle appears. Hah! The next page in the book. After a bit, saw a Bible verse link; banged on it. Behold! A selection of verses from the same chapter as the link from an unidentified Bible with footnotes. Cool. Reached up and clicked on the magnifying glass; searched for "servants." Got many resources. Some of them have squares where letters are supposed to be, but I assume that is because my handheld doesn't have those fonts. Clicked on the abridged BDB and gots lots of boxes (nifty grammar on my part, huh). I do have a Hebrew reader on the handheld somewhere, but whatever it is proves not helpful with the fonts. Shut down.

So, newer handhelds ought to hold up rather well. I have no urge to get a newer model...we've only been married since 1967 ... whoops, wrong narrative. But, seriously, I've no urge to get one of the newer toys (don't beat me up, fellas!Big Smile). But, what is fun is that I can access the site! Geeked

Hope this rambling is somewhat helpful.

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:16 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Enjoy!

-- Bob

Is this available in regular browsers? When I click on the link I just get the logos home page.  I often use Chrome portable on a USB thumb drive when I'm away from home and would love to have some of my resources available.

Thanks

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:49 PM

MikeWaterhouse:
Is this available in regular browsers? When I click on the link I just get the logos home page. 

Nope, it's designed for cell phones and other portable devices.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 9:21 AM

Thomas Black:
Nope, it's designed for cell phones and other portable devices.

Thanks, as a neoluddite I doubt I'll ever own one of these new fangled portable devices. (I actually did look into prices for an iphone and data plan when Logos release their iphone app)

I found that the site does work with Konqueror on Linux, pronunciation even works Devil.

Posts 2332
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 9:52 AM

Bob, this is awesome! Thanks.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 11:29 AM

Bob Pritchett:

Enjoy!

-- Bob

This looks and works absolutely great on my Blackberry Bold.

The Library function is working well and it is fairly quick and smooth browsing through the titles. The passage guide is surprisingly quick and I am delighted to see that most of my commentary sets are present and accounted for.

This will be really helpful and a great blessing. Thank you for the hard work this undoubtably involved.

I'll look forward to using it on the go for real.

Thanks again.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:37 PM

I need some help. I have not purchased a L4 package but I am using the downloaded software with all of my L3 resources. I logged into on the mobile website but can only access about 30 books and only one commentary. Am I doing something wrong. I cannot access any of my own L4 books.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:41 PM

you must upgrade to a Logos 4 package in order to have access to more than just the 30 free books

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:42 PM

I figured as much. Oh well the 30 are nice anyway.

Posts 453
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2009 8:03 PM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

But, seriously, I've no urge to get one of the newer toys (don't beat me up, fellas!Big Smile). But, what is fun is that I can access the site! Geeked

Dr. Wootten,

Following your logic, wouldn't the library.logos.com, in and of itself, be a "newer toy", meaning it's one more thing that we did not have before?  If you want to access the site...well, you know what you have to do.  That was said with much Christian love and fun and absolutely no beating you up! :)

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:34 AM

David Buckham:

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

But, seriously, I've no urge to get one of the newer toys (don't beat me up, fellas!Big Smile). But, what is fun is that I can access the site! Geeked

Following your logic, wouldn't the library.logos.com, in and of itself, be a "newer toy", meaning it's one more thing that we did not have before?  If you want to access the site...well, you know what you have to do.  That was said with much Christian love and fun and absolutely no beating you up! :)

I HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT! Smile David has seen through my thin veneer! heheh ...He's correct: I do "love" my toys and they must work properly at all times and never fail when I want to play. hahahahaha.................

David, actually you missed the earlier discussion at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/345/3395 (if I pasted that correctly). I mentioned there that handhelds are toys (y'know, much in the same way that real men eat red meat, don't use straws, and remove their hats in restaurantsWink). Those who actually have a use for them let me know about that in a most succinct and firm manner.Tongue Tied heheh... Hence the parenthetical in my post. And I was not in the least upset with your response.

Although I am not planning to get a Blackberry or iPhone, or similar as I am long since retired and not in the workforce as such, I do enjoy finding new avenues to use my current toys. To have this iPAQ actually work on the site was truly cool. Eventually someone will reveal the font that is needed for both Greek and Hebrew. I'll try to see if this toy can actually install it. I only use this iPAQ on Sunday mornings with e-Sword's Pocket PC software (from the earlier format) to have English/Latin/Greek in parallel. There are some Laridian and Olive Tree items, but I don't use them as much.

And we are in agreement with your signature: all about Christ!

God bless

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 6:02 AM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:
To have this iPAQ actually work on the site was truly cool. Eventually someone will reveal the font that is needed for both Greek and Hebrew.

Visit the olivetree site. There you will find all sorts of info and the fonts to have greek and, esp, hebrew appear properly on a pocket pc

Posts 453
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 6:07 AM

Dr. Wootten,

I too had a iPaq (rx1955...which is also pretty old but does have WIFI). And I just recently sold it.  BUT one of the elders at the church has an older iPaq RX series as well.  I will have him look into it.  

For what it's worth, I still have no Blackberry, iPhone, Droid or iPod Touch.

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 62
Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 9:44 AM

Andy Evans:

The Library function is working well and it is fairly quick and smooth browsing through the titles. The passage guide is surprisingly quick and I am delighted to see that most of my commentary sets are present and accounted for.

I'm curious to know which commentary sets you have.  I have the NICOT/NICNT, Word, Pillar, NIGTC, NAC, etc., none of which appear on my Droid...

Posts 722
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:11 AM

I agree that library.logos.com is a good alternative if you do not have an iPhone or iPod Touch, However, the app for the iPod blows it out of the water! I have tried every Bible app available and the Logos version is by far the superior  product.

If you desire to access (most of) your library on the go, it is not hyperbole to say that if you have the money, get an iPod. I was given the Touch about a week before the Logos app came out. God must have wanted me to have it, because I did not have the money for it, plus the timing was pretty cool.

Anyway, it is reason enough to upgrade to V4 and by an iPod (touch or iPhone).

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:13 PM

Damian McGrath:

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:
To have this iPAQ actually work on the site was truly cool. Eventually someone will reveal the font that is needed for both Greek and Hebrew.

Visit the olivetree site. There you will find all sorts of info and the fonts to have greek and, esp, hebrew appear properly on a pocket pc

As mentioned I've already installed several of their programs on the iPAQ and can read their Hebrew material just fine. It's just that I can't do the same on the Logos site.

{charley}

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:16 PM

David Buckham:

I too had a iPaq (rx1955...which is also pretty old but does have WIFI). And I just recently sold it.  BUT one of the elders at the church has an older iPaq RX series as well.  I will have him look into it.  

Sounds good to me!

David Buckham:

For what it's worth, I still have no Blackberry, iPhone, Droid or iPod Touch.

{{{{{gasp!}}}}}

God bless

{charley}

Posts 40
josh s blake | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:24 PM

Nice.  I would like to request notes that sync with logos 4, and maybe clippings, too.  An app would be nicer, but this is an exciting start.

Page 1 of 4 (67 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS