Servers back up....

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:49 AM

TCBlack:

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

We are upgrading the primary database server (to handle the extra traffic expected today). Unfortunately, that required us to temporarily put the website back into maintenance mode.

I don't currently have an estimate for the length of the maintenance window.

Thank you Bradley. That update should encourage folks.

Smile

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:50 AM

" Unfortunately, that required us to temporarily put the website back into maintenance mode."

It has been in the maintenance mode since early YESTERDAY morning. It does not appear to be temporary to me. And, No, Bradley's claim of a temporary outage does NOT encourage me.

Posts 10683
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:52 AM

Robert J Smith:

" Unfortunately, that required us to temporarily put the website back into maintenance mode."

It has been in the maintenance mode since early YESTERDAY morning. It does not appear to be temporary to me.

Nope. The information has just been appended to the existing thread - a new one, sticked to the top might have been more visible. Actually the server was up until say an hour or so ago.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:52 AM

Robert J Smith:

It has been in the maintenance mode since early YESTERDAY morning. It does not appear to be temporary to me.

It was on in between.

Bohuslav

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:54 AM

Paul-C:

I've seen far too much of that sheep these past 24 hours.

Can't someone take him off to the Tabernacle and sort him out? 

That's mean,  Funny but mean Devil

Posts 130
Robert J Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:54 AM

I have gotten that sick looking lamb every time I have tried to access the main web site and/or one of the links from the blog suince 9:00 am yesterday. If the server was up it was over night when I was asleep. To me that is down.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:56 AM

It was up at approximately 4:30 PM EST.

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:57 AM

I see your point Robert. 

I wish I could help somehow but I'm 

Helpless in Illinois.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:59 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

We are upgrading the primary database server (to handle the extra traffic expected today). Unfortunately, that required us to temporarily put the website back into maintenance mode.

I don't currently have an estimate for the length of the maintenance window.

I know you just said you have no estimate, HOWEVER ...

Are you thinking 30 mins to an hour or so, or is this a large multi-hour or all-weekend outage ???

(Its NOT just the web site thats offline, but some of the important parts that make Logos software including logins work)

Posts 8610
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:07 AM

JimT:
Are you thinking 30 mins to an hour or so

It is up now.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:14 AM

Well, I found out why my Logos5 install did not auto-update: my PC had a pending restart required for a Microsoft Windows update to some DirectX driver for my vid card. It would have been nice if:

1) Microsoft's software told me there was a restart pending and to please reboot when I got a moment ...

2) The Logos 5 installer reported something on screen or into the Windows Event log. I could see it in Task Manager, but it never reported anything or openned a prompt or anything. Oh well ... I guess thats one case they never tested for: restart pending! (Also the downloaded setup from the Orders page had no type or file extension. I renamed it to a .exe in hope: which worked. So, two possible installer bugs that I'm too tired to report elsewhere. Its 3:15 am here in New Zealand.

HOWEVER, no matter: After a reboot, the L5 installer ran OK and updated everything. Strange that it wanted to install a bunch of .Net 4.5 stuff when it was already on my PC (I think).

So, my L5 cant log in while the main Logos.com site is offline, but it kind of works in offline mode for now.

So far so good ... a Thanks Logos, and hoping I'll still like it once I see more ...

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:17 AM

TCBlack:
It is up now.

Thanks TC.

Restarted L5 now and its logged in OK, not offline. So time to see whats new ...

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:17 AM

TCBlack:
It is up now.

Yay! Big Smile

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS