Logos 5 Impressions & Reviews

Page 5 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 162 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:55 AM

Graham Criddle:

I'm not sure this will work if both user accounts access the same Logos account - which I assume would be the case.

I do believe you are correct that it would need to be two different Logos accounts, but it is possible to have two different email accounts with the same ISP since my daughter has 3 accounts.  Windows would also have to consider you as 2 different users since the program is installed in a user directory.  This is all possible, but the problem is that you might have to buy resources twice since Logos would consider you to be two different customers.  If you can afford to do so, you might consider having two computers sharing the same account but having Xp installed on one so that it would not be updated to L5.  Or, perhaps you could partition your disk and keep Xp on the partition where you want to use L4.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 24536
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:03 AM

Hi George

George Somsel:
I do believe you are correct that it would need to be two different Logos accounts, but it is possible to have two different email accounts with the same ISP since my daughter has 3 accounts

Absolutely - the key is that they are recognised as separate by Logos.

George Somsel:
This is all possible, but the problem is that you might have to buy resources twice since Logos would consider you to be two different customers.

That is, indeed, the problem!

George Somsel:
If you can afford to do so, you might consider having two computers sharing the same account but having Xp installed on one so that it would not be updated to L5.  Or, perhaps you could partition your disk and keep Xp on the partition where you want to use L4.

Those options should work - in your second option you would then up with a dual-boot system.

Graham

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:15 AM

Michael Hite:
My problem is I teach a seminary course on using Logos. I will need to have both L4 and L5 as I cannot guarantee that all my students will upgrade right away. I have a class starting in January that will be mostly L4 users. Is there any way to have an install of both so I can teach and demo L4 while using L5 myself for personal work and getting up to speed so I can teach it in the future?
Michael, I also teach Logos at regional colleges and seminaries in Southern California.  

http://www.morethancake.org/event/logos-bible-software-basic-training/2012-11-10

We should exchange notes sometime

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 20
Thornell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:48 AM

I had the very same experience, many of the resources I already own are NOT showing up at all, instead they are in the "new to me" section.  Right now I will just wait a few months before I upgrade or sit out on this upgrade cycle altogether. 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:22 PM

Joe Miller:
FYI, My video review posted above is on a 2007 MacBook Pro running 10.6.

Nice video! How much RAM?

Jack Caviness:
As I said earlier, the new notes engine is a work in progress. The User Voice item is not being ignored; it is just not ready yet.

I understood that. However, there's no denying they've prioritized developing all sorts of (probably nice, but still) features that few or none have asked for, over improving the top item in Uservoice. I'd call that treating it as a stepchild. Wink

Integ:
(4) I haven't got it to work yet, but there is now an "Undelete Documents" link that takes you to a web page. I haven't been able to get the server to respond yet, but I am excited that there will be an easier way to recover a document.

That sounds like a step in the right direction.

What about:

• Serial Associations?
  • Mytag management?
  • Control of what to download?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:10 PM

John Fallahee:
@ 3:30 PM (ET) 

Can someone tell me what the ET time is right now, so that I can work this out?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2768
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:15 PM

fgh:

John Fallahee:
@ 3:30 PM (ET) 

time now is 9:15 edt

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:15 PM

fgh:

Right now I have 9:16 p.m.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:22 PM

Thanks to both of you.

Note to self: 5 hours.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:01 PM

Just throwing in my thoughts. Big improvment in look and performance.

Here's more from my site.

Posts 29256
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:23 PM

fgh:

You could also check world clocks for major cities:

• Eastern: New York City
  • Central: Chicago
  • Mountain: Denver
  • Pacific: Los Angeles (also Bellingham Smile)

FYI – On Sunday (Nov 4), the US leaves "Daylight Savings Time." At 2 a.m. the clocks should be turned back one hour.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:41 PM

fgh:

Thanks to both of you.

You have been notified that the time will be changing Sunday at 2 am local time.  I would suggest that you make use of your computer to determine your equivalent time.  I think you use a MAC so YMMV, but on a Windows computer using Windows 7 I can have multiple clocks and set one to local time with others set to the time in other areas.  Perhaps you can also do this?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:50 PM

alabama24:
FYI – On Sunday (Nov 4), the US leaves "Daylight Savings Time." At 2 a.m. the clocks should be turned back one hour.

I guessed that, since the forums currently show the wrong time (we changed last Sunday). That's one major reason I wanted to make sure.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:37 PM

A marked improvement in speed with L5 over L4 here, using a 2009 iMac with 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

The layout and fonts seem easier on the eyes, and being able to run in full screen mode is a real bonus, I was surprised at how much difference having the extra 'real-estate' makes.

I haven't been able to make it crash... and i have been trying.

Tony

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:56 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Good post Kevin.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:13 AM

fgh:

Joe Miller:
FYI, My video review posted above is on a 2007 MacBook Pro running 10.6.

Nice video! How much RAM?

I have 6GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAMM.. so much slower than newer RAM, but lots of space.

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:41 AM

Joe Miller:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Good post Kevin.

Thanks friend!

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:17 PM

Joe Miller:
I have 6GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAMM.. so much slower than newer RAM

Still probably better than my 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3?

fgh:

What about:

• Serial Associations?
  • Mytag management?
  • Control of what to download?

Bump.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 31
Andrew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:38 AM

David Thomas:
Ken Hicks:

I am with you. Had the Platinum upgrade on my list for January. Not now. Time to regroup and reevaluate.

Bram Koerts:

Ah! I was so close of getting the upgrade to platinum and with that getting the New International Greek Text Commentary and Pillar New Testament Commentary. I was really looking forward of using those two great resources.

I spoke with sales today and was able to upgrade from L4 Silver to L4 Platinum for a GREAT price. Since you never lose resources that you have purchased I will still have access to Pillar and NIGTC regardless of which base package I upgrade/cross grade to in L5. The price to go from L4 Platinum to L5 Platinum is still a little high for me although there are some great resources (namely exegetical summaries) that will be included in L5 Platinum.

David, may I ask which sales rep you talked with?  I also have L4 Silver and find a better value going to L4 Platinum. I called in today and the lady I spoke with acted like she couldn't do that for me.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:52 AM

Andrew:
David, may I ask which sales rep you talked with?  I also have L4 Silver and find a better value going to L4 Platinum. I called in today and the lady I spoke with acted like she couldn't do that for me.

If you have issues with sales reps, or if you're unsure if you've been given correct or complete information, ask to speak with Santiago Galeano. He's the Director of Sales. 

(And, yes, I've seen other people on the forums who've also bought an L4 package after the L5 launch, so I too would think it is still unofficially possible, though probably not much longer.)

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 5 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS