Logos 5 Impressions & Reviews

Page 8 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 162 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:13 PM

Abram K-J:

Gosh, I almost feel like it's off-topic now to post another Logos 5 review here (Smile), but I do have some further impressions after a week of use. I'm particularly appreciating the Data Sets and all they can do.

Hi Abram,

Just to reassure you that you are, in fact, on topic... And thank you for that Big Smile

Most importantly, thank you for posting the review. You highlight some of the excellent features within L5. I am sure people will find it hugely helpful.

Thank you!

Posts 103
Simon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 11:49 PM

Joe Miller:

So the site is up and now I am able to share with you my own video review of Logos 5 http://www.morethancake.org/archives/5580

Thanks for the L5Mac review. Most encouraging.

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:52 AM

Andy Evans:

Hi Abram,

Just to reassure you that you are, in fact, on topic... And thank you for that Big Smile

Most importantly, thank you for posting the review. You highlight some of the excellent features within L5. I am sure people will find it hugely helpful.

Thank you!

You are welcome!

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:56 AM

SMack:

Joe Miller:

So the site is up and now I am able to share with you my own video review of Logos 5 http://www.morethancake.org/archives/5580

Thanks for the L5Mac review. Most encouraging.

You are very welcome.  I am glad you found the video review helpful.

Joe

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:01 AM

Russ White:

Thanks for this, Russ. I found this a helpful and fair summation of the upgrade.

Thank you Big Smile

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:28 AM

Andy Evans:

Russ White:

Thanks for this, Russ. I found this a helpful and fair summation of the upgrade.

Thank you Big Smile

Ditto. thanks for the review.

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:29 AM
I've read that Logos 5 won't run under XP.  If you can't have Logos 4 and 5 on the same account, and if it's true Logos 5 won't run under XP, what does that mean for people who are now running Logos 4 on both an XP machine and Vista or Windows 7 machines? 
Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:45 AM

RAusdahl:
I've read that Logos 5 won't run under XP.  If you can't have Logos 4 and 5 on the same account, and if it's true Logos 5 won't run under XP, what does that mean for people who are now running Logos 4 on both an XP machine and Vista or Windows 7 machines? 

It means that they can keep L4 of their Xp machine yet have L5 on Vista or Windows 7 machines.  Bradley indicated that the installer would check first and not attempt to update an Xp machine.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 25199
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:32 AM

and synchronisation takes place between the L4 and L5 environments.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:32 AM

If you get an L5 package to upgrade your Vista/ Win 7/ Tiles8 (WIn 8) or mac, that includes new books, the books will download to your WinXP machine running L4 on the same license, even though L5 itself will not install: and the books will still work under L4 on the XP machine.

L5 would likely work on XP if Microsoft were supporting XP with new releases of Net framework, but as Microsoft have said they are not supporting XP much longer this is unlikely.  XP is shortly to go the way of Windows 2000, NT, Millenium, 98 and 95 etc..... which means no more security fixes/ updates etc and gradual loss of antivirus / internet security software that will support it too.... though hardware may keep running a whilel longer yet, that too will eventually fail one day....

There are only a few Win XP era computers that will support even L4 well: there have been quite a few advances since XP in terms of hardware capability and L4 running on a Win XPera system versus running on a mid to high range current model  would likely behave in a somewhat restrained manner for anything other than the easiest operations.  Win XP was withdrawn from mainstream computers quite some time ago now but did hang around a few extra years on New Netbooks and Win XP Pro was available for business customers as a "downgrade" from Vista, so more receont business machines now coming available "off-lease" still have Win XP Pro installed.

The end of yet another computer era approaches....  Sad

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:39 AM

Halo Hound:
Ditto. thanks for the review.
Peace, Russ!               Your sharing with us is quite good indeed!               And very appreciated!

Thank you!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2160
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:47 AM

Russ White:

Good review. Most helpful.

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:10 PM

George, Graham, and David,

Thanks for the replies about still being able to run L4 on an XP machine while running L5 on a Vista or Win7 machine.  I guess that means you can in fact have L4 and L5 registered and running for the same account--just not on the same machine.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 10:42 PM

Russ White:

Thanks. Just wondering: what do you mean by "The library now has the ability to sort by tags you’ve assigned"? That's been possible since before I bought L4.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:58 PM

fgh:

Russ White:

Thanks. Just wondering: what do you mean by "The library now has the ability to sort by tags you’ve assigned"? That's been possible since before I bought L4.

Russ used the wrong verbiage, but my guess is that he is referring to the ability to filter by "Collection" using the new drop down menu next to the library search box.

NOTE: I would post a screen shot, but it seems that feature is not available to me in the forums... it used to be there.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 1:59 PM

Joe Miller:
NOTE: I would post a screen shot, but it seems that feature is not available to me in the forums... it used to be there.
I do show this in my video review though http://www.morethancake.org/archives/5580

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:08 PM

Joe Miller:

It still works.  Did you click on the paper clip?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:17 PM

Joe Miller:

Hi Joe,

It seems there is an intermittent glitch with Safari which results in the formatting tool bar (including the paperclip) vanishing... It seems to come and go.

Alabama has reported it elsewhere. I have experienced the same thing a couple of times. Firefox and Chrome (which I occasionally use on the Mac) seem to be immune.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:43 PM

George Somsel:
It still works.  Did you click on the paper clip?
ugh!!! I was looking for the wrong icon... I am really rusty on these forums :-(

Thanks for the reminder George.

Page 8 of 9 (163 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS