Upgrading

Page 4 of 16 (313 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 312 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:54 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
My gut feeling is that most of the community will wait on the cross-grade.

Don't know what most will do. At this point, I'm waiting for the crossgrade.

Meanwhile I keep looking at the new stuff available with an upgrade, and wondering if the resources I want in the package (after figuring out those I'm not interested in) are actually worth the upgrade price.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:54 PM

Alan Charles Gielczyk:
Thank you Mark for your patient stating of the facts again, and again, and again, and again. I do not understand why people are not able to see they do not pay for resources they already have but do pay for new resources. Logos is doing nothing underhanded or dishonest. And no one if forced to buy anything. Please people be patient.

If Logos were being honest and upfront the cross grad would have been an option when I went to my went to my personalized upgrade page. No instead, all I see is that I have to pay $400 to get scholars Gold. I am sorry but I shouldn't have to downgrade to upgrade and the cross grade option, if it is even going to be an option (have Logs said this?)!

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:55 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
My gut feeling is that most of the community will wait on the cross-grade.

I may be part of that group. My upgrade price is less but similar to yours and my ability to spend for that right now is pretty tenuous. Besides there isn't that much in the upgrade I am interested in.

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
If there are secrets out there about why this is necessary or important to upgrade this way, they need to be on the table.

None that I know of, except the next time there is another upgrade you will not be at the current base package and I don't know how Logos will handle that. Frankly I am at the point that doesn't really matter to me.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6
David Ogg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:56 PM

Great product! But I'm not happy about their overpriced and manipulative marketing practices which seem to be escalating.

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:57 PM

This is just wrong. We are users who have already invested in the company and now we get thrown under the bus?

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:57 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:

I have to wait for a minimal cross-grade because I simply can't afford to be extorted at this timeSuper Angry

waiting isn't bad, is it?  It's probably what I will need to do.  i don't have the cash.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:57 PM

Mark Stevens:
(have Logs said this?)!

Yes they have. From the top. It just was said in the L5 beta forum not here where all have access.

I agree that the lack of transparency about this option will frustrate many people. Perhaps Logos will see that and make a statement about it or include it on the upgrade options page.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:59 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
This is just wrong. We are users who have already invested in the company and now we get thrown under the bus?

Robert, please help us. I (and others) are trying to understand your anger. We don't seem to have helped.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:59 PM

The problem is real simple: I don't want the new resources. The only available path right now is not an upgrade, it's a library expansion.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:01 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
The problem is real simple: I don't want the new resources. The only available path right now is not an upgrade, it's a library expansion.

Or wait for the crossgrade, or continue to use L4, or upgrade to the L5 engine and use it without the new databases (which will be in the crossgrade). Two of those cost nothing.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:02 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:

i'm not sure why you feel that way, and I don't, and it sounds like we are in similar positions.  We both don't have the money to pay for the upgrades we think we might need/want.  I'm not saying you shouldn't feel that way, I just really don't understand it.  I guess the closest I come is just wanting the thrill of a new package and experiencing the heartache of not being able to afford it.  It kinda sucks.  But i don't feel thrown under the bus.  I think i would feel that if Logos tanked and my software no longer worked.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1895
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:03 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:

The operative words in your frustration are "right now". I was told by logos sales today on a phone call that what you want will be available. You may have to wait a little time for it.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 99
jtondee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:07 PM

I think everyone needs to take a step back and take a deep breath for a moment. I understand the confusion, as some things aren't clear,. For my situation and my situation only it made sense for me to "upgrade" fro. Platinum jg to the new platinum, as most of the new resources were on my wish list were included.  That might not be the case for you, he MVPS have stated tirelessly, that there will be a cross grade option. I realize we all have what is to each of us a lot of money invested in this product, but patience will be key.  

Posts 1447
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:07 PM

David Ogg:

Great product! But I'm not happy about their overpriced and manipulative marketing practices which seem to be escalating.

Not sure how it is overpriced, my upgrade is $1800.00, and 2500+ resources will be added to my library if I choose the upgrade

Posts 142
James Macleod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:08 PM

I think everyone needs to settle down and stop using emotionally charged language. Logos isn’t extorting us or throwing us under the bus. They are trying to get an upgrade out the door and want to make a bit of money for their labours. They have families to feed just like the rest of us and they are doing an excellent job on their product. I’m sure they are all putting in long hours tonight.

Logos will provide a cross grade option. They always have and they will again. No one will die tonight if they don’t get the upgrade. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

Posts 5569
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:09 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:

My counsel is: wait. The crossgrade will be made available sometime in the next few weeks (maybe less, who knows?). No one is requiring anyone to upgrade today. As for me and my house...we will wait until the crossgrade becomes available.

Meanwhile, continue using L4, and pretend this whole L5 thing is just background noise to tune out.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:09 PM

Not anger, just frustration.

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:13 PM

The suggestion of a crossgrade eventually being available with no new books but the version 5 tools: That sounds good except that the new tools are not all available unless you go to the highest upgrade. Even a one or two step upgrade now does not include all the new tools.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:13 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:

Not anger, just frustration.

Anger not frustration. Justifiable anger I might add. Not personally directed at anyone but with Logos as a company. A company I still love and a product I use every day. But after $8000 worth of investment. I deserve better than this.

If the cross grade is to become available then it should be available now. We have a right to feel as if we are being tricked into spending money on an upgrade when a cross grade is being released. if its being released. Nothing has been officially said!

Posts 1447
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:15 PM

jtondee:
but patience will be key

" A man is a hero, not because he is braver than anyone else, but because he is brave for ten minutes longer.
—Emerson"

Tan, P. L. (1996). Encyclopedia of 7700 Illustrations: Signs of the Times. Garland, TX: Bible Communications, Inc.

Page 4 of 16 (313 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS