L5 Upgrade: Resource Calculator Bug?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:21 AM

Thank you Keith, that is the kind of precise data we need. I will email Phil Gons a link to this page to make sure he sees it.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 4667
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:22 AM

Keith Larson:

I own 2 resources the Discount Calcalator says I don't:

Brenton's Septuagint: Greek Text

A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew, rev. ed.

I had earlier thought the total was 3, but saw that the Jewish Bible was the Complete Jewish Bible, not the Jewish NT! The covers look identical.

I did double and then triple check the other 2 and indeed the calculator made a mistake.

Please let us know what customer services has to say about this.

The assurances given that the calculator would only be showing resources as not being owned when either they were not owned or a change to edition (or in the case of a series an added volume) have been quite specific. 

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:23 AM

Keith Larson:

Hi Keith.

This refers to the actual Greek text of Brenton's LXX, not his English translation (several printed editions of Brenton were diglots). We (Logos) have not previously released the Greek text (the English was released with Logos 4, I believe), it is new to the Logos 5 packages.

It is easy to confuse, though. I did a double-take on the same item.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:27 AM

Found one more! New Topical Textbook. Had this book forever, it has been in so many past collections that I probably own 3 or 4 licenses for it!Big Smile

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:32 AM

Rick Brannan (Logos):

Keith Larson:

Hi Keith.

This refers to the actual Greek text of Brenton's LXX, not his English translation (several printed editions of Brenton were diglots). We (Logos) have not previously released the Greek text (the English was released with Logos 4, I believe), it is new to the Logos 5 packages.

It is easy to confuse, though. I did a double-take on the same item.

Thanks Rick! Indeed you are correct. What about the "New Topical Textbook" and "A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew"?

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:37 AM

Hi Daniel.

I can't comment on everything here, only on the items I know about (Greek & Hebrew resources and lexicons).

Daniel Bender:

The Lexham Clausal Outlines of the Greek New Testament: SBL Edition

The Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament, SBL Edition: Sentence Analysis

These are versions of existing resources based on the NA/UBS text that were then applied to the SBLGNT. They are not new; they were integrated into collections awhile back, but I think they are in the most recent (JG?) forms of some levels of Scholars. I have to be honest and say I don't know which ones — I work with the data, and don't have much conception of which things get included where. If you're on a version of Scholars Platinum previous to JG, then these might've been included with JG.

Daniel Bender:

Lexham Hebrew Bible with Morphology

Swete Septuagint with Morphology        

Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: H.B. Swete Edition

Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition

Lexham Analytical Lexicon of the Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition

The Apostolic Fathers in English

The Lexham Hebrew Bible with Morphology is brand new and was introduced with Logos 5. The Swete LXX with morphology is an update to Swete's edition of the LXX; you may have it already without the morphology, and that may or may not be the confusion — so that's good to note. The Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse Interlinear H.B. Swete Edition is an alignment between Swete's LXX and the Lexham Hebrew Bible, it as well is new to Logos 5, as are the other "H.B. Swete Edition" titles on your list.

The Apostolic Fathers in English is a new English translation of the writings of the Apostolic Fathers. I should know because I'm the translator/editor. It as well is new to Logos 5.

Hope this helps. My intent here isn't to dispute; if you think there is a misrepresentation of your library, you *should* call customer service and try to work it out. I only wanted to comment on some items that I know are new to Logos 5.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:40 AM

Hi Keith.

Keith Larson:
Thanks Rick! Indeed you are correct. What about the "New Topical Textbook" and "A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew"?

I really don't know — I'm not in sales and am not familiar with configurations and what is included where. I work on our Greek and Hebrew texts and annotations, and representing them properly in Logos; that's my area and why I can speak about those particular items and their introduction in Logos 5.

Like I mentioned in another response, if you think there are issues with the representation of your library, then you should get in touch with customer service and talk with someone about it. That's the best way to try and figure it out. But when you do, realize that they're swamped right now, and they too are learning the ins and outs of how these upgrades work, and areas where there could be questions such as the ones you raise.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 8057
LogosEmployee

Keith Larson:

What about the "New Topical Textbook" and "A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew"?

Both of these are revised editions in the Logos 5 packages:

The New Topical Text Book, New, revised & enlarged edition (2012). (LLS:TORREYS2012, not on logos.com AFAIK)

A Grammar of Biblical Hebrew: Revised English Edition (2006). http://www.logos.com/product/4607/a-grammar-of-biblical-hebrew-rev-ed

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:27 AM

Rick Brannan (Logos):
Hope this helps. My intent here isn't to dispute; if you think there is a misrepresentation of your library, you *should* call customer service and try to work it out. I only wanted to comment on some items that I know are new to Logos 5.

Thanks Rick for your reply. I was just checking L5 contents against my library titles and wasn't trying to mislead or misrepresent myself (the site did go down while I was doing this and could not reload the page). I appreciate your taking the time to respond and to clarify the facts for me.

Edit: By the way, I have Scholar's Platinum (KF).

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:24 AM

Hi Daniel.

Daniel Bender:

Thanks Rick for your reply. I was just checking L5 contents against my library titles and wasn't trying to mislead or misrepresent myself (the site did go down while I was doing this and could not reload the page). I appreciate your taking the time to respond and to clarify the facts for me.

Edit: By the way, I have Scholar's Platinum (KF).

You're welcome. I think the SBLGNT forms of those two resources were introduced in the move from KF to JG. You might want to check with sales, as I think for a time there was a KF->JG update that provided these resources. 

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:58 AM

Will the LEB Hebrew reverse interlinear be coming to Logos 4 or only to Logos 5? That and NA28 are the only things I want from the new packages, and I'm waiting for the minimal crossgrade. 

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS