Knox and Portfolio L5

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:19 PM

This always seems to happen to me. Last week I downloaded Portfolio for L4 for having put down my down payment for Knox Theological Seminary. If I talk with a representative do you think they'll upgrade the Portfolio package for free? The website states that Portfolio is available to all Knox students.

What do you guys think?

CL

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:21 PM

logosfan:

This always seems to happen to me. Last week I downloaded Portfolio for L4 for having put down my down payment for Knox Theological Seminary. If I talk with a representative do you think they'll upgrade the Portfolio package for free? The website states that Portfolio is available to all Knox students.

What do you guys think?

CL

You'll have to ask them.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:23 PM

I think the best rule when dealing with Logos is that "it never hurts to ask". They have some of the best customer support and sales people I have ever dealt with, never be afraid to pick up the phone and ask them.

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:25 PM

I've put my email in. Are they open currently?

CL

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:31 PM

logosfan:

I've put my email in. Are they open currently?

CL

I think so, Dan posted on twitter that the phones would be open until 9 PM (PDT??)

http://twitter.com/DanPritchett/status/264166146629070848

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:36 PM

logosfan:

If I talk with a representative do you think they'll upgrade the Portfolio package for free? The website states that Portfolio is available to all Knox students.

What do you guys think?

Just what I think... No. The content for Portfolio under L4 and L5 is significantly different. If Knox has built their course of study around L4 Portfolio content they will likely supply that package. There are many resources in the L4 Portfolio that are not included in the L5 Portfolio. Since the upgrade price fron L4P to L5P is not small change I doubt Knox will shell out the extra money to give you the content of both Portfolio packages. There are 900+ new resources in L5P. 

But I am not privy to the contract between Knox & Logos. Ask Knox or Logos for an answer worth more than 2 cents. Coffee

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:42 PM

I do understand that it quite a bit more content, but they'll need to change their website if that's the case. I'm hoping for at least a free cross-grade.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:47 PM

logosfan:
What do you guys think?

I think you may miss the stuff that was in L4 portfolio,but that's not in L5 Portfolio.

There's a bunch, but here are significant ones that the L5 package doesn't have:

Berkouwer's Studies in Dogmatics
Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Volumes)
International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE 1979-1995)
New International Version (2011)
Pillar New Testament Commentary (10 Volumes)
The Encyclopedia of Christianity: Volumes 1-4
The New International Greek Testament Commentary (13 Volumes)

I suggest you just get a smaller upgrade or the minimal crossgrade when it's available.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:42 AM

Super Tramp:

There are 900+ new resources in L5P. 

The difference is that many between the two when only looking at the numbers.  But because some resources were removed from L4 Portfolio and replaced with others, etc, there are actually ~1300 or some such different/new resources in L5 Portfolio.

Figured I'd just put that out there.  Smile

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:52 AM

Ya, I totally understand that is a big leap in the amount of resources, however Logos and Knox have cut a deal and are offering the Portfolio package (included in the cost of tuition) to incoming Knox students. I downloaded the package last week and have put in an email to the guy who helps Knox students with Logos packages to see if I can request the new Portfolio package. I assume they will be offering Portfolio L5 from here on to new Knox students.

I realize I would be losing some resources from L4 Portfolio but also gaining resources from L5 Portfolio.

CL

Posts 576
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:57 AM

Todd, I think that you are mistaken in thinking that the ISBE was included in L4 Portfolio. I had that package and upgraded to L5 Portfolio but do not have the ISBE.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:06 AM

Gordon Jones:

Todd, I think that you are mistaken in thinking that the ISBE was included in L4 Portfolio. I had that package and upgraded to L5 Portfolio but do not have the ISBE.

Well, I didn't/don't have Portfolio, so I can't speak from experience.  But it was listed on the comparison chart.  Here's a link to a snapshot of the L4 comparison page from May 19, 2011:

http://web.archive.org/web/20110519235718/http://www.logos.com/comparison

It was also listed in a spreadsheet that Logos supplied the beta testers to show the differences between the L4 and L5 base packages. 

So I believe you should have it.  If you don't, you should call support and discuss it with them.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:26 AM

Peace, My Dear Brothers!          *smile*

I made a .pdf comparison file this May past and I did have ISBE in my Logos 4 portfolio then .......

(still have it, of course!)         (Todd!  *smile*             You are "brilliant" when it comes to using archives!   Am impressed!)

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:29 AM

Todd Phillips:
Todd, I think that you are mistaken in thinking that the ISBE was included in L4 Portfolio. I had that package and upgraded to L5 Portfolio but do not have the ISBE

I had this ISBE under L4 Portfolio and it carried over to L5 Portfolio. The "original" ISBE from 1915 is still in Pre-Pub and is not included in anyone's package.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS