Page 5 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
This post has 160 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:59 PM

fgh:

Mike Estes - Logos:

fgh:

Thanks. A question that came to mind in another thread is: what about the new community ratings? Are they a battleground between those who love Catholic resources and those who hate them, or have they been separated according to setting?

Yeah, it appears to be like the Amazon type model, where reviews are going to be from everyone.

I guess I'm not the only one who misinterprets Logos software vs Logos webpage.Smile I meant the community ratings in the software Library.Wink

LOL  Indeed.  :) 

Good point.  Might be possible at some point to allow the ratings there to be filtered using a faithlife group.  Have to think on how best to propose something here.

Posts 8
Steve Currie | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:03 PM

Did the R-NAB drop out of the new packaging?

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:04 PM

fgh:

(I've sent two or more e-mails about this, but never received any reply, as far as I remember.)

Well, you have a reply now.  Though I cannot promise anything, it will get to the right people who can do something about it.  :)

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:43 PM

Mike Estes - Logos:
Though I cannot promise anything, it will get to the right people who can do something about it.  :)

Good! Thanks. You've been very helpful these last few days. I wish I had time to write more posts directed at Logos employees, now that everyone is suddenly reading and listening, but I keep getting sidetracked by posts to other users.Smile I just hope all this feedback doesn't end up in [the computer equivalent of] a drawer somewhere once all the buzz has died down, as has happened so many times before.

Mike Estes - Logos:
Good point.  Might be possible at some point to allow the ratings there to be filtered using a faithlife group.  Have to think on how best to propose something here.

Couldn't you just use the Set Verbum to settings? Those on Verbum get ratings from Verbum users, and those on Logos get ratings from Logos users.

Put this one somewhere at the bottom of the to do list, though. Personally, I intend to turn the community ratings off, as soon as I have L5 and you allow us to. It was more of a fun thought, or rather a question if you had already implemented it. There are two other threads where people are very upset about having these community ratings forced on them, and one reason, of course, is that Catholics and Evangelicals are going to rate certain things very differently -- as are scholars and laypeople, Americans and Europeans... -- so community ratings will say more about which group 'won' than about the quality of the resource. Which. like I said, made me wonder if the Verbum setting affected the rating.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 26749
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 7:52 PM

I, for one, have no intention of paying any attention to Community Ratings. Of course, I do have the advantage of having never used Personal Ratings.Wink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2412
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:10 PM

Steve Egge:

Not trying to Hijack the thread but  I think the new lectionary made a huge mistake with "chalice" for "cup" which started with the the Douay-Reims Bible. I cringe every time I hear it  ... it isn't the word christ used looking at the greek.

Was Jesus using Greek or Aramaic when He spoke normally?  [Also I am waiting for the Reims of 1585 to be available in Logos - some of us like that version [once we get past an 's' looking like an 'f']]  

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:27 PM

Don't miss to get an extra 15% off by using the coupon code at http://www.facebook.com/logosforcatholics/posts/513231032020773! I only just found it, or I would have posted it earlier. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 41
Frank Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:44 PM

Steve:

I do not think so. New American Bible: Revised Edition is my preferred English translation, and it is present in my Verbum library.

Posts 8056
LogosEmployee

fgh:

Dominick Sela:
You'll notice three automatic library segments have been added, Catechism, Church Documents, and Church Fathers. You see these when you click "Entire Library" a the top of the Library panel.

I don't quite understand. Can you show a screeshot?

See http://scripturestudysoftware.com/2012/11/05/1527/

fgh:

Dominick Sela:
the default passage guide is different.

How?

It promotes the Lectionaries section, adds default sections for those predefined collections, and removes the web-based sections.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:14 PM

Thanks, Bradley. I only just found the blog (I've been kind of busy doing customer support for you...), and hadn't yet had time to read it, as I got sidetracked when I found the coupon code and wanted to post it for others (the link, that isSmile).

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
It promotes the Lectionaries section, adds default sections for those predefined collections, and removes the web-based sections.

Sounds good.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:16 PM

Frank Hale:

Steve:

I do not think so. New American Bible: Revised Edition is my preferred English translation, and it is present in my Verbum library.

I'm going to confirm when I get into work tomorrow, but it looks like the NABRE is not in the new Verbum packages.  Though if you've already purchased it separately or with another collection it will of course be in your library.

I think this is the same version.  http://www.logos.com/product/9355/new-american-bible-rev-ed

Posts 41
Frank Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:39 PM

Mike Estes - Logos:

Steve:

I'm going to confirm when I get into work tomorrow, but it looks like the NABRE is not in the new Verbum packages.  Though if you've already purchased it separately or with another collection it will of course be in your library.

I think this is the same version.  http://www.logos.com/product/9355/new-american-bible-rev-ed

Well, looking at the Bibles in the Comparison table at http://www.logos.com/catholic#compare I must say that it looks like the New American Bible, rev. ed., is not on the list.  That is probably an oversight.  (Unfortunately, it leaves off the Bible prepared by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops!).

As Mike indicated, I have it in Verbum because I already had it with Logos 4.

Posts 26749
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:59 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
removes the web-based sections.

Now if we could just get a web-based section for The Text This WeekGeeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26749
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:00 AM

David Ames:
[once we get past an 's' looking like an 'f']]  

What you're not a fan of the long s?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:58 AM

MJ. Smith:
Now if we could just get a web-based section for The Text This WeekGeeked
Yes and I would also like working preacher.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:21 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:

Frank Hale:

Steve:

i was curious about it not being in the package as well.  is the publisher colluding with Zondervan?  SurpriseWink

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 41
Frank Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:24 AM

In addition to the Lectionaries for Mass, another great and traditional source for Catholic Bible study is the Office (known by various names and editions as Breviary, Breviarium Romanum, Liturgy of the Hours, Christian Prayer, etc.)  Matins or the Office of Readings also includes something of a traditional library of readings.  It would be nice if the effort to make a strong Catholic product of Verbum would also integrate the Office, which most seminarians, clergy and religious are obligated to pray, and which the laity are encouraged to pray.  The Office has also been, traditionally, a starting point for contemplation and study.

Any plans for Verbum to include and work with the Office?

Posts 27
Andrew Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:19 AM

The NABRE is not in the Verbum packages for copyright reasons. We would have loved to include it. It can be added individually, though: http://www.logos.com/product/9355/new-american-bible-rev-ed

Posts 27
Andrew Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:23 AM

We agree about Latin. The Verbum libraries do have the Dictionary of Latin Forms, which is very helpful. Nevertheless, more Latin functionality is a priority moving forward.

Posts 8
Steve Currie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:23 AM

Does NABRE needed to added again if I have it already in logos 4?

Page 5 of 9 (161 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS