Chart of Logos 4 & Logos 5 Packages

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1008
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:18 PM

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts today, but I haven't seen anything yet that shows all the L4 & L5 resources by base package all together in one chart. I was going to put one together, but I don't want to work too hard on it if it's already out there. Is there one?.

The chart, when completed, will be here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAl790TopkhdHNsTnRLY1A2RU9OY3pDNHdqTHVpQ3c

Dell XPS 8300: Core i7; 12GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6870 (Dual Monitor); Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Rebuilding)
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 8.1 Pro x64
ASUS Nexus 7 | Samsung GALAXY S5

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:38 PM

That would be SUPER helpful.  I'd like to know what's is replicated from the package I have to see if I want to upgrade to that.

Posts 2428
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:39 PM

On the logos.com home page you will find a link.

Posts 4754
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:42 PM

Mike Binks:

On the logos.com home page you will find a link.

Here it is. Colours are not the best, but select the one you are interested in, look for the picture of the little man which means it will be new to you. Please see http://www.logos.com/upgrade. Also http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58176.aspx for info on upgrading.

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:44 PM

Oh, I get it.

Thanks!

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:45 PM

We discovered that there are actually a few resources missing from the comparison chart. We're doing a thorough audit right now of all the resources in all base packages, and we will be adding additional books to the comparison chart soon.

This does not mean you are getting charged for these books when you upgrade. They are still being used to calculate your custom upgrade discount price, and everything is still working correctly under the hood. What it simply means is that you're likely getting even more books than you're aware of. Smile

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:52 PM

Seems like it compares your current 'base package' to the new 5 base package.  However, if you added something on, it doesn't seem to note that.  For example, I have the New American Commentary, but it shows that it's "new to me" with the little man if I upgrade.  Confused

Posts 2428
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:55 PM

Joe:

Seems like it compares your current 'base package' to the new 5 base package.  However, if you added something on, it doesn't seem to note that.  For example, I have the New American Commentary, but it shows that it's "new to me" with the little man.  Confused

Try searching the forums for New American Commentary - I think it has been reported that the set has some revised editions in it.

If you don't have everything in a series the page will show that  the whole series is new to you - however every volume you already own is discounted from your 'upgrade' price. 

Posts 5254
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 1:58 PM

Joe:

Seems like it compares your current 'base package' to the new 5 base package.  However, if you added something on, it doesn't seem to note that.  For example, I have the New American Commentary, but it shows that it's "new to me" with the little man if I upgrade.  Confused

Joe, in the case of commentary sets, the "New to me" will appear if it's just one additional resource as opposed to those you own - the new L5 packages contain typically all those individual upgrade volumes that appeared between when the L4 packages were last put together and now.

running Logos 5.3 Beta 2 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 173
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:13 PM

Joe:

The NAC has several new volumes that are new to you. Since the collection has some new content, the entire collection is showing as new to you. You're right--this is confusing, and we're having some discussion about how to improve it.

Your upgrade discount still takes into account the volumes of the NAC you own.

Also, we're not just comparing your old base package contents to the new base package contents and applying the discount. We're applying the discount even if you bought a resource outside of a base package.

Posts 8263
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:14 PM

Kent Hendricks:
We discovered that there are actually a few resources missing from the comparison chart. We're doing a thorough audit right now of all the resources in all base packages, and we will be adding additional books to the comparison chart soon.

Just wanted to make sure you've seen ERRORS: New comparison chart.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3320
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:16 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts today, but I haven't seen anything yet that shows all the L4 & L5 resources by base package all together in one chart. I was going to put one together, but I don't want to work too hard on it if it's already out there. Is there one?

i don't have any desire to create such a chart, but below i have attached a chart for Logos4 (JG) which was taken in Oct 2011

Update Chart for (JG)

QLinks, Bibl2, Reporter, Macros
Dell Insp 1720
Core 2 Duo, 1.6 G, 4G RAM, Vista

Posts 609
DBailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:22 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Joe:

The NAC has several new volumes that are new to you. Since the collection has some new content, the entire collection is showing as new to you. You're right--this is confusing, and we're having some discussion about how to improve it.

Your upgrade discount still takes into account the volumes of the NAC you own.

Also, we're not just comparing your old base package contents to the new base package contents and applying the discount. We're applying the discount even if you bought a resource outside of a base package.

Kent,

Just add a footnote to the "new to you" commentary items stating that one or more resources are new and that the upgrade pricing under the hood takes into account your existing commentaries in the collection.  Also, add footnotes in the chart for some reverse-interlinears that do not yet exist in L5 but will be added in the future.

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:51 PM

Thanks everyone....food for thought!  Big Smile

Posts 1008
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:43 PM

A draft comparison chart is up at the link listed at the beginning of this thread. There are still multiple listings for some resources that haven't been merged together yet because I was unsure or I rushed over them. Nothing has been omitted (from the data available from the Logos website), but it is not completely merged. Feel free to update and make corrections as desired.

Dell XPS 8300: Core i7; 12GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6870 (Dual Monitor); Win 8.1 Pro x64 (Rebuilding)
Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T: Core i5; 4GB RAM; Win 8.1 Pro x64
ASUS Nexus 7 | Samsung GALAXY S5

Posts 82
Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:47 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):

A draft comparison chart is up at the link listed at the beginning of this thread. There are still multiple listings for some resources that haven't been merged together yet because I was unsure or I rushed over them. Nothing has been omitted (from the data available from the Logos website), but it is not completely merged. Feel free to update and make corrections as desired.

Thanks!  I guess the only suggestion is a package title over each base package....

Much appreciated for your hard work.  Must've take a good bit of time.

Posts 135
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:43 AM

Thank you very much! That was just what I was looking for! Still needs some merging of some resources, but already very helpful.

Lutheran Gold, Gold (IH), Scholar's Silver (JG), Nelson Bible Reference Bundle, Luther's Works, etc.
Laptop: Win 8 Pro 64bit, Intel Core2Duo T8100 2.1GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, ATI HD3470 256MB.
Tablet: iPad2 16GB. Phone: Nokia Lumia 820.

Posts 229
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:47 PM

this should be stickied! 

Incredible amount of work and detail.. Very useful!!

Posts 1002
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:49 AM

Thank you for this great comparison tool.

I know that it took a lot of work to produce.

Posts 1432
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 2:24 PM

Randy W. Sims (Shayne):
Feel free to update and make corrections as desire

Thanks for note on it suggesting downloading the file and not adding highlights etc.

Regards, SteveF - HP EliteBook 8740w i7-Q720 1.6GHZ 12G RAM Win 7 Pro (x64) 500G@7200 nVidia QUADRO FX3800M - Logos 2 Level 3, L3 Scholar's, L4 Scholar's Gold, L5 Gold

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS