Selling Logos 4 rather than upgrading to Logos 5

Page 9 of 13 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 249 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:23 AM

Richard Koons:

Nope are you George? Not trying to be rude but read carefully above and remember a fool and his money soon part ways not directing this at you or Todd but doesn't a certain political element always respond in that manner? And Can you answer to why the dataset costs so much

I'm not privy to what effort and hours went into creating those databases so, no, I have no idea why they cost as much as they do.  Why is it that certain people are ever ready to criticize Logos and accuse them of soaking its customers.  If you don't like their prices, go elsewhere.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:25 AM

Richard Koons:
And Can you answer to why the dataset costs so much

I plan to upgrade to Logos 5 shortly. If you want to get an idea of why the datasets cost so much take a look at the video that Mark Barnes put together. The putting together of the datasets involve tagging every word in the the various Bibles in different ways for the different types of searches. Many other books within Logos had to be tagged so that they show up in the Timeline for example. The additional books offered in the upgrade are also accessible in the different guides.

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:31 AM

Todd then why not offer it with Silver Likewise and for that manner any of the upgrades seeing as if you do not have the resources need you will not return any results? Iknow about datasets I have been creating them since VS 2001 professionally and still doesn't answer why because if one already possesses the resources needed no problem if one doesn't then they would have to upgrade but in the end it still does not answer as to why

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:35 AM

Richard Koons:
Todd then why not offer it with Silver Likewise and for that manner any of the upgrades seeing as if you do not have the resources need you will not return any results?

If they added it to Silver, then the price of Silver would have to go up accordingly. Not everyone wants it or wants to pay for it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:35 AM

So then Wayne the Dataset itself cost 250.00 and the resources in Gold are free one of them is true and perhaps Logos can answer this and if so in the end this has been a marketing disaster for Logos George I choose not to respond

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:37 AM

thanks Todd

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:38 AM

Richard Koons:

So then Wayne the Dataset itself cost 250.00 and the resources in Gold are free one of them is true and perhaps Logos can answer this and if so in the end this has been a marketing disaster for Logos George not to respond

Richard,  may I request that you use some punctuation?  It's very hard for me to read your posts when you don't.  Perhaps I'm just dense, but I need commas and periods.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:45 AM

Cannot really improve on that Todd especially typing on the fly I am a disable vet as well as a senior Programming analyst and hand to eye cordination is effected due to surgeries. When I can take the time to time and proof read am able to make changes it is my thorn in the flesh so to speak also thank you to Wayne as well and about the scam bit I wrote like a scam not a scam for the other readers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:50 AM

Richard Koons:

So then Wayne the Dataset itself cost 250.00 and the resources in Gold are free one of them is true and perhaps Logos can answer this and if so in the end this has been a marketing disaster for Logos George I choose not to respond

You are a model of run-on sentences and non-sequiturs.  If your thought is so fuzzy, I would hate to have you creating any data sets for me.  You are right about one thing:  Either the datasets cost $250 or the resources cost $250.  Except that you forget one thing—perhaps each contributes something to the cost.  Obviously, if certain datasets are added at particular stages in the upgrade process, the costs are incrementally included depending upon which datasets are included.  I don't know why you stay with Logos (assuming you really are a customer) if you are so unhappy with them.  Be gone !  Leave us in peace.  I'm tired of hearing kvetches.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:56 AM

Richard Koons:

Cannot really improve on that Todd especially typing on the fly I am a disable vet as well as a senior Programming analyst and hand to eye cordination is effected due to surgeries. When I can take the time to time and proof read am able to make changes it is my thorn in the flesh so to speak also thank you to Wayne as well and about the scam bit I wrote like a scam not a scam for the other readers

I appreciate your service and sympathize with difficulties you may encounter as a result of your injuries, but I cannot tolerate you negative attitude.  If you don't like the product, don't use it.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:56 AM

What a troll Goerge you are

Posts 64
Richard Koons | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:57 AM

Personally George I don't give a damned what you can tolerate or not

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:33 AM

Richard Koons:

What a troll Goerge you are

It seems to me that you fit the classic definition of an internet troll.  Stick out tongue

george
gfsomsel

Posts 10679
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:43 AM

Gentlemen,

I think the last posts in this thread do not reflect your personal maturity and christian spirit (nor the forum board rules) and I do hope both of you edit them out - this works by clicking the menu MORE at the top right corner of your post and choosing "edit" within some hours from posting. Thanks a lot.

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:31 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Does your library view work like his?

Do your search panel/s work in the same fashion as the ones on Marks Video?

Mine do not at this point.

Going to do a permissions clean/repair, check install etc.

Just to confirm, my library looks and functions exactly as demo-ed by Mark.

Literally, the only difference between the Mac and PC side that I have encountered is that in Windows 8, the appearance of the frame to the floating windows is different (solid rather than opaque). 

I am very sorry it does not appear to be working for you. Are you able to post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the library window? Alternatively, Customer Support may be able to remotely access your Mac and address the problem?

I am very sorry that you are still having difficulties. Having read you previous posts, I was hopeful that L5 would address the problems you report.

Blessings

Posts 50
Greg Reader | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:32 PM

Great questions ... I thought the price was based on the actual resources I own, not the package name. Now I'm beginning to wonder ...

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:21 PM

Thank you Andy, you are indeed very kind.

The information is useful to me.

Again, to be clear, I am not unhappy with Logos 5 so far. Some difficulties, a couple issues etc, but things I feel sure I can get worked out.

It is pretty much what I hoped I was getting in version 4.

Ok, off to work with this and see if I can get it set like its supposed to be.

Blessings all.

Posts 1
BC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:00 PM

I've been a customer for  over 7 years, my L3 works fine and I enjoy it very much. Logos continues to push for products that doesnot not work. L4 came out as Beta and continues to send out endless patches without resolving the issues. There was never an oficial L4 version. Now L5?? is all about the money. Is this company related to Microsoft? Why upgrade? keep what I have and call it a day!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:17 PM

Blucher Chacon:

I've been a customer for  over 7 years, my L3 works fine and I enjoy it very much. Logos continues to push for products that doesnot not work. L4 came out as Beta and continues to send out endless patches without resolving the issues. There was never an oficial L4 version. Now L5?? is all about the money. Is this company related to Microsoft? Why upgrade? keep what I have and call it a day!

I smell a troll.  One post and complaining without any specifics.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 191
Rev. 14:6 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:25 PM

I haven't been a customer as long as you, but I have had L4 Mac for a couple of years and really enjoy it too.  I have not had too many problems with it.  I did always feel envious of friends with the PC version, it just looked so much more refined and the Mac version like a step down.  I did not know what I have is a beta version and not an official L4.  I'm a bit perplexed about upgrading to L5, I have platinum currently and I guess I need to make a call to gather more info.  

It just seems to be very expensive to upgrade at this point when I paid a price to begin with while being a Theo student at that, and still am.  Hence, I can't really justify the money.  My other student Mac "ies" are telling me and showing me accordance.  Never heard of it, but man this thing is FAST! So much more than mine, it just doesn't seem to come with what I currently have.  Yet, I will agree that many books I have I would prefer to not have on L4 and have some other books to replace them with.  I have no use for these books and some are a bit dates materials.  Well as I stated I'll gather more info by making a call.  Not sure I'll go for it.  Seems to be some bugs still with L5 for Mac as I've read so I may wait.  

Page 9 of 13 (250 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS