Logos 5 Startup Sound

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 32
Chuck Alford | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:29 PM

I don't think anyone really cares about this but the Logos 5 startup sound has changed. I like the L4 startup better. The L5 startup lacks bass and fullness. Not an issue.... just something different.

What do you think about it?

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:32 PM

Chuck Alford:

I don't think anyone really cares about this but the Logos 5 startup sound has changed. I like the L4 startup better. The L5 startup lacks bass and fullness. Not an issue.... just something different.

I can't wait until Logos releases bible study in 3D with 3D surround sound start up!  Wink

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 4:33 PM

I turned the sound off the first day I upgraded to L4 and did not even know L5 had a startup sound. I'll have to check it out.

I can't help but smile at this post though in comparing it to all the others I've been reading today. Big Smile

Thanks for that Big Smile

Posts 28292
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:32 PM

Chuck Alford:

I actually like it quite a bit. My wife really liked it too… the first dozen times she heard it. Surprise

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1698
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:40 PM

Chuck Alford:
I like the L4 startup better.

Sorry about that! We just like to tweak it in every release; the new one is slightly shorter and a little "lighter". 

Posts 2757
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:43 PM

Where can I get it as a ringtone for my iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy SIII? Wink

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:44 PM

With this one, I sort of expect smurfs to come running out of my monitor. Or Jar Jar Binks. Or... you get the idea. :) Liked L4's better, but it hardly matters.

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:27 PM

I prefer the L5 start up as I find it shorter and cleaner sounding... It is also shorter which means that I probably won't turn it off after a week of use like I did with L3 and L4.

The fact they they tweak it with each release is a small nicety.

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:07 PM

I would like it as a custom ringtone for a few people. Do you guys have it available as a download?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:20 PM

Chuck Alford:

I think the startup sound should be a Bach organ work.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:34 PM

George Somsel:
I think the startup sound should be a Bach organ work.
Big Smile

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:52 PM

I personally like the new sound and find it a little fresh. I agree with Kevin, give us a ringtone for it! :-)

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:15 AM

Jacob,

If you would like the Logos 5  startup as a ring tone, here is the WMA sound file.  You can convert to MP3 or WAV, dependent on your phone.

Don

This is a recording of the start of Logos 5 using the Windows sound recorder in the "What U Hear" mode and is not intended to violate any copyright.

If it is not to be distributed in this manner, the moderator may remove it at their own discretion.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:25 AM

I like the new start up sound of L5.  However, I think Logos could offer an add-on app (free or small fee) that allows us to select a start-up sound from a list.  This list should include all previous start up sounds and a couple of new re-mixes. For the OP, Logos could offer a hip-hop re-mix of the start-up sound to give it full bass Smile.

David

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:45 PM

Having the option to select one of the startup sounds from older versions would be nice: then we could vary our selection (manually) so that we did not get too hooked on the same one each time.....

Would be similarly nice to have the option of either the L4 or L5 icon as a taskbar icon : the new L5 icon is VERY close to the icon for Windows Storage Server Launchpad: on my system at least the L4 icon was much more distinct (easy to manually fix the desktop icon - the new L5 one tended to disappear with my desktop background color scheme)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:09 PM

David J. Wilson:
Would be similarly nice to have the option of either the L4 or L5 icon as a taskbar icon : the new L5 icon is VERY close to the icon for Windows Storage Server Launchpad: on my system at least the L4 icon was much more distinct (easy to manually fix the desktop icon - the new L5 one tended to disappear with my desktop background color scheme)

I have the L5 icon in my taskbar, and it appears very much the same as I remember the L4 icon to have been.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:17 PM

I think the start up should start up with a trumpet, move onto the harp an lyre, at this point little dancing people should appear on the splash screen playing their tambourines,  this should be followed by stringed instruments and flutes, and finishing with the clash of symbols...

ok that might go on for a bit long so lets just stick to the clanging sound of cymbols   Devil

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:14 PM

Andrew Mckenzie:

I think the start up should start up with a trumpet, move onto the harp an lyre, at this point little dancing people should appear on the splash screen playing their tambourines,  this should be followed by stringed instruments and flutes, and finishing with the clash of symbols...

ok that might go on for a bit long so lets just stick to the clanging sound of cymbols   Devil

If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

1 Cor 13.1

george
gfsomsel

Posts 54
Tommy Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:01 PM

Here! Here! Especially on the Icon.

Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional SP1

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:24 PM

I've had the startup sound turned off since the second time I opened Logos 4. When I came across this thread I thought I'd give the Logos 5 sound a listen, but I didn't like it, so I turned it off again.

(Maybe they could use a short clip of Gregorian chant for Verbum users -- I'd keep that on, maybe.)

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS