An error occured during synchronization

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Mark Peterson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:24 PM

I am posting my Log Files to see if my error can be fixed. The yellow caution icon keeps coming up when Logos 4 tries to synchronize. Can someone help me fix this?

Posts 29412
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:35 AM

Welcome to the forums - unfortunately, I can't spot the problem in your logs. All I can do is say I tried.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:43 AM

I can only say the same thing was happening to me. I'm not sure if it was for the same reason because I never found out what the reason was. The latest Logos 5 seems to have fixed the issue for me, though. I think it came down to just one thing not syncing correctly for me. Can you tell if your information is being synced correctly for the most part? Do you have another device (mobile or computer install) that you can test? If you do then create a document on one (e.g. a Bible reading plan) and see if it syncs over to the other.

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:44 AM

Mark Peterson:

I am posting my Log Files to see if my error can be fixed. The yellow caution icon keeps coming up when Logos 4 tries to synchronize. Can someone help me fix this?

From looking at your logs, it looks like our servers were probably down for a while undergoing maintenance. Are you still experiencing sync errors today?

Regards,

Seth 

Posts 8
Mark Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:14 PM

Seth,

Yes, I have been having this problem for several days now.

Thanks, Mark

Posts 8
Mark Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:15 PM

I can't really tell what is not syncing. It seems that most things are syncing just fine so I'm not really sure what the impact of the error is just that it is there.

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:00 PM

Could you launch the app and then post your error logs one more time. The previous ones had the appearance of all our servers being down, but you very well could just be having a single item not syncing correctly and I would like to make sure.

Posts 8

Yes, here is a new set of Log Files. Thanks again!

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:25 AM

So it looks like a prayer list of some sort is failing to sync. Do you remember if you made some change to a prayer list document a few days ago when these errors started occurring? It looks like all the other sync items are syncing fine though, so it is more of an annoyance seeing the yellow triangle, since it is only for this one item.

We could probably make the yellow triangle go away if you simply delete the local PrayerList database but then you would lose any unsynced changes. If you don't want to lose unsynced changes I can investigate the problem further if I could see a copy of your local database and pinpoint exactly what is going wrong.
Either way it should be located at C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Logos4\Documents\yabxoho3.4ux\Documents\PrayerList\PrayerList.db if you want to email it to Logos4Feedback@Logos.com or if you simply want to delete it. (if you delete the application should automatically redownload all prayer lists that have been synced up to our servers).

Thanks,

Seth

Posts 8
Mark Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 1:18 PM

I tried to delete it (actually I cut it out of the folder and put it on the desktop but it didn't fix the problem, so I will email the Prayer List Folder to you. Thanks, Mark

Posts 195
LogosEmployee
Seth Copeland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 1:46 PM

Hey Mark,

There was a bug introduced a few months ago that caused the weekly days setting to be cleared in some cases for prayer lists. If you open up your prayer list, and go to the prayers with schedules that are set to read weekly, and make a change of some sort (if set to pray weekly on Monday, set it to pray weekly on Tuesday, and then set it back or something like that) then the problem the server was having with the prayer list should go away.

We'll hopefully have a fix in SW for it soon. Thanks for reporting the problem, and helping me track down the issue.

Regards,

Seth 

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 10:45 AM

This should have been fixed in 4.6a SR-3 and in 5.0a. Please let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS