Upgrade Caluculator Issue

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 729
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:30 PM

I've not pulled the L5 trigger on anything yet, but there must be a bug of some sort. Or perhaps I am missing something...

When I check out all the upgrades prices, I see the discounted price, and then when I hover, I see the price calculated for what I own. For all the packages, the customized upgrade price is cheaper when it figures in what I have, which is what it is supposed to do. There is one exception, however.

When I hover on Gold, the price to buy it outright is actually around $10 less than the price given to me when it figures what I own now. That makes me think there is a bug in the system somewhere, and so I am hesitating.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior?

I am thinking about just getting the Starter for now - about $40 for me - so I can play with the UI and then sort the rest out later.

Thoughts and advice are both appreciated.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:24 PM

Are you by any chance looking at the website on a tablet? I've been getting funny prices due badly functioning popups when viewing on my iPad, but more sensible prices on my notebook. I've posted another thread about that.

Consider the minimal crossgrade (available later) rather than the starter edition, as starter won't have all of the new databases and functionality.

Posts 729
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:27 PM

Johnathan -

No, I am on a desktop PC. I have not seen your other thread; there are lots of them to wade through today!

I am considering the crossgrade, but am having a hard time waiting. Smile

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:33 PM

Earlier today there were some threads that were gaining pages faster than I could read them. I think I have now caught up: time for bed.

Posts 21
Kim Pagel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:59 PM

Any idea on how the update calculator works? Why does it show so many books New To Me but not part of Logos 5? Just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for the help.

Posts 1504
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:13 PM

I am looking at the same thing, my calculations came out higher

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58286.aspx

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:15 PM

Kim Pagel:

Any idea on how the update calculator works? Why does it show so many books New To Me but not part of Logos 5? Just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for the help.

All resources listed 'belong' to L5 - many appeared in older L4 packaging but those appearing for the first time are tagged "new to L5".

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS