Is there any way to view parallel resources on the Mac version as there was in Windows?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 19
Paul Immanuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 13 2009 4:52 PM

I recently migrated my Libronix software from Windows to Mac OS X. I cannot find the parallel resources ICON that got to depend upon in the windows version. Is there another way to easily go a parallel resource in the Mac version? For example, when I am looking at D A Carson's for the Love of God Vol 1, I want to be able to switch to his Vol 2 and get to the current date. (The two books have a devotional article for each day.) I used to be able to do that quite easily. 

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Paul Immanuel

immanuel@ieee.org

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2009 8:33 PM

You cannot create parallel resources in the Mac version yet.

Posts 9
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 4:40 AM

I too am sooo looking for this capability. I find that using Logos:Mac is so much slower when working with the software...this feature alone made Logos in Windows a breeze to use (i.e. to be able to cycle through all commentaries a particular passage). Now, the only option I have is to have multiple windows open (one only has so much screen to work with) or constantly go to Library to open up other books (which is tedious with a big library that I honestly do not have memorized what resources I have on a particular book of the bible).

Oh, how I loved the days when I could just cycle through my bible translations (no need for another window), dictionaries, devotionals, or commentaries!!!

Anyone know if this is soon to be a feature?

Anyone have any work arounds? I find myself frustrated with my workspace without this feature.

ken

Posts 10452
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:51 AM

KennethZuk:

I too am sooo looking for this capability. I find that using Logos:Mac is so much slower when working with the software...this feature alone made Logos in Windows a breeze to use (i.e. to be able to cycle through all commentaries a particular passage). Now, the only option I have is to have multiple windows open (one only has so much screen to work with) or constantly go to Library to open up other books (which is tedious with a big library that I honestly do not have memorized what resources I have on a particular book of the bible).

Oh, how I loved the days when I could just cycle through my bible translations (no need for another window), dictionaries, devotionals, or commentaries!!!

Anyone know if this is soon to be a feature?

Anyone have any work arounds? I find myself frustrated with my workspace without this feature.

ken

This is the main reason I still use the Windows version under Fusion. I have multiple parallel associations for my commentaries (by category) which makes Bible study smoother for me.

I doubt this feature will appear in the Mac version prior to the release of version 4 on the Windows side. The only alternative for now is to open multiple windows and use Expose. That would work well if I had a few commentaries, but I have a multitude of them.

Jack

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:25 AM

KennethZuk:
Now, the only option I have is to have multiple windows open (one only has so much screen to work with) or constantly go to Library to open up other books (which is tedious with a big library that I honestly do not have memorized what resources I have on a particular book of the bible).

The Mac version is fine if you only have about four resources open. However, if you open more than this, the current ability to manage these windows along with a bunch of other windows from other programmes  becomes very unwieldy and confusing. Not only does the Mac version need user defined PRAS, but we need a new window management strategy. There's another thread on this somewhere in these forums about having all the windows in one dynamic window, modeled after several other Mac programmes. I hope Logos developers go beyond just giving us tabbed windows and thinks about the next generation of window management.

So your frustration on PRAS is shared when it comes to power use of Logos for Mac. That said, the current version is a whole lot better than 1.0 and I have every confidence that it will only continue to get better and better.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS