Organise books

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:13 AM

Hi

Perseus collection is massive and slows my Mac down. Dont want to delete it from my account as I may need it in the future. I also dont want to go through book by book and hide it and the 10 resource hide option isnt much better. Is there any way to remove this from my library for now?

Dan

Posts 28232
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:20 AM

The hide function is pretty much it. L5 does run more quickly than L4 but the engine only upgrade isn't available yet. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:28 AM

Daniel Arnott:
Is there any way to remove this from my library for now?

Hi Dan,

A further option would be to either call or email Logos support who can then remove Perseus from your account. The app will then sync with the Logos servers and remove the resources from your Mac.

This is, of course, an all or nothing solution. You will not be able to keep part of a collection.

Hope this helps.

Big Smile

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:52 AM

ok thanks

Hopefully Logos will realise they need to improve the library management side of things

Cheers

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:15 AM

Daniel Arnott:
Hopefully Logos will realise they need to improve the library management side of things

Hi Dan,

Apologies for chipping in again Big Smile

Just to let you know that there has been a marked improvement in library management within L5. One is now able to filter the library menu by collection via a dropdown menu. I appreciate you may not be in a position to consider crossgrading/upgrading, but thought I would mention it for completeness.

Posts 160

L5 doesn't help if your computer can't handle it because it is not robust enough and you don't have the money to get a better one.  Can't afford L5 either.

I really like Logos 4. I WILL continue to use it so don't say anything about L4 not being messed with.

Everything you are doing is to SELL L5. I understand this. This is business. But do not leave your loyal customers in the lurch because you have a new product.

You should be support L4 for quite some time yet.

https://sites.google.com/a/oldpaths.org.uk/oldpaths-the-sword-of-the-spiritthe-word-of-god--eph-617b/personal-books/jamesroberts-docx

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:31 AM

James William Roberts, Jr.:

Hi James,

The good news is that Logos have clearly stated that the support for L4 will continue at present. While I do not have any inside knowledge, I am aware that Logos continued to support L3/Libronix some years after the release of L4.

Furthermore, in case you have over looked it, Logos intended to release the free L5 engine and a minimal cross grade in the not to distant future. This may be of interest to you.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:08 PM

Daniel Arnott:

Perseus collection is massive and slows my Mac down. Dont want to delete it from my account as I may need it in the future. I also dont want to go through book by book and hide it and the 10 resource hide option isnt much better. Is there any way to remove this from my library for now?

You don't need to hide book by book! That was changed some months back. Select what you want to hide, hold down some key, right-click, and choose Hide. I'm just not sure what the key is on Windows. Control? Alt? 

You might want to start by typing Perseus in the Library find box.

Be warned that unhiding is still book by book. Unless it's changed in L5.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:12 PM

James William Roberts, Jr.:

Everything you are doing is to SELL L5. I understand this. This is business. But do not leave your loyal customers in the lurch because you have a new product.

No one who's answered here works for Logos. We are users like you.

And, like Andy stated, L5 will be free shortly.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:24 PM

If you want to quickly hide all Perseus books, open the library and type publisher:Perseus then click one of the books (in the open space so it doesn't open the book) and hit control(command)-A. This should select all the perseus books. Hold down control then right click and you should see a Hide This Resource option - it will move all selected books to hidden.

Just did this myself to hide the Greek & Latin Perseus books.

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:45 PM

For some reason Chris I can bring up the Hide Resource but it deselects all my selected books and only hides the single resource. What am I doing wrong?

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:54 PM

got it working. needs to be in list view

Posts 17
Leo Koo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:55 AM

all I got after doing command-A is to get all the books selected. 

Then when I right clicked, it said "prioritize resource"? :o Did I do something wrong?

Posts 248
Daniel Arnott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 12:32 PM

Press control and right click

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

Or Opt+Right-click on Mac.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS