Discount calculator

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:07 AM

I currently own the Scholar's Library and a few add-ins, but when I looked at the cost of upgrading to Logos 5, it seemed very expensive (I'm logged in, so I assume it's taking into account what I already own). However, when I went on to the website on another computer WITHOUT logging on (which doesn't have Logos on it), the purchase price was exactly the same!

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:23 AM

Hi Drew,

Logos has assured us that the discount calculator has been improved and now takes account of all purchases. I am surprised that the upgrade price and discount price is identical and am unable to explain with certainty as to why this would be. You may wish to call or email Logos directly just to ensure that there hasn't been a glitch.

What I would add, however, is that the L5 packages are radically different from the L4 packages. It would, therefore, be more accurate to think of them as entirely new packages (albeit with some crossover). I have read somewhere that the new Platinum is approximately equivalent to the old Portfolio in terms of quantity and value of resources.

It may be a worthwhile exercise, therefore, to take your time to survey the new additions. Should you find a great amount of new resources, this might go some way to explain why the upgrade price is high.

If in any doubt, call sales. In the end, you need to be satisfied that any upgrade constitutes value to you.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:32 AM

That's strange. I think something is broken. I just went to test out your post and It appears that they are not recognizing any of my licenses. Yesterday it was going to cost me $600 to switch over to L5 Platinum. Today it is showing $1,827.46. are those the kinds of numbers you are seeing?

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:35 AM

Halo Hound:
Today it is showing $1,827.46. are those the kinds of numbers you are seeing?

That definitely doesn't seem right.

Have you tried clearing your cache and then logging in again. Does that make any difference?

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:36 AM

Can you send a screen shot of what you see?  Are you sure you're on the discount calculator page?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:39 AM

Andy Evans:

Halo Hound:
Today it is showing $1,827.46. are those the kinds of numbers you are seeing?

That definitely doesn't seem right.

Have you tried clearing your cache and then logging in again. Does that make any difference?

I updated my profile this morning (changed picture and description). I'm going to hang tight and see if the changes just need to work through the system. Since I do not have $600 to spend on Logos at the time I'm not going to spend much effort trying to fix it :-) The benefit of not having a job is that it's easier to resist the temptation to whine to my wife about the upgrade :-)

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:39 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:

Can you send a screen shot of what you see?  Are you sure you're on the discount calculator page?

HI Mike,

A similar issue has been reported here,

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58342.aspx

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:44 AM

Ok, I looked into it a little bit more. Yesterday I went to Logos.com>Get Logos 5 and this took me to my customized page. Today when I click that path it takes me to the full blown price. If I go to logos.com>Products>Upgrade I get the discounted prices I was seeing yesterday.

EDIT: fixed grammatical errors

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:44 AM

Andy Evans:

Mike Estes - Logos:

HI Mike,

A similar issue has been reported here,

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58342.aspx

It's working for my personal account just now.  Hopefully someone can provide a screen shot so we can see what the user is seeing.  Thanks.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:52 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:
It's working for my personal account just now.  Hopefully someone can provide a screen shot so we can see what the user is seeing.  Thanks.

This is what I see today when I follow the path I was using yesterday to see my discounts (logos.com>Geet Logos 5)

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 3:58 AM

That doesn't look like the discount page if you're doing an upgrade from An older version to Logos 5.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:03 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:

That doesn't look like the discount page if you're doing an upgrade from An older version to Logos 5.

I agree, but yesterday the links I clicked to get to this page took me to the upgrade path from my current L4 package.

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:06 AM

My prices are in GBP, although at checkout it tells you the comparison in $. Just out of interest I went to my PC (without logging in) and added the GOLD L5 package to my cart. Although it says $1549.95, when I "Click on proceed" it says under "Payment Options" "One payment of $1317.46". On my MacBook Pro, which is where I use Logos, I logged in to my account, added the Gold base package and this gives a total price of £822.18 (and then in brackets says $1317.46) - ie the same price!

Posts 25196
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:16 AM

Halo Hound:
This is what I see today when I follow the path I was using yesterday

When you come from the site's main page there is no clear upgrade link so I  click on "Get Logos 5" and end up on that page (/basepackages) when signed in. I had to use /upgrade to get to the discount page. If not signed in you get run around before having to do the same.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2740
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:18 AM

Mike Estes - Logos:

Yes, I think the problem is that yesterday when you clicked on the Get Logos 5 icon, it brought you to the Upgrade page. Now it get you to the Packages Offer. To get to the upgrade page you have to go through the Products tab. Then you see the specified calculated upgrade offer.

Bohuslav

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:20 AM

Halo Hound:

Mike Estes - Logos:

I agree, but yesterday the links I clicked to get to this page took me to the upgrade path from my current L4 package.

Strange, when I click on the discount calculator in the FAQ here I see a different page.

http://www.logos.com/faq

Hopefully someone from customer support can help if that's not what you're seeing.

Posts 39
Drew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:26 AM

I've just gone to Products > Upgrades, and I'm now getting a personalised price.

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:01 AM

I had a similar issue.  Last night, as I was comparing the Diamond Upgrade to the Portfolio upgrade, my "discount" percentage changed from 30% to 25%!

Posts 10634
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:53 AM

Brian Aunkst:

I had a similar issue.  Last night, as I was comparing the Diamond Upgrade to the Portfolio upgrade, my "discount" percentage changed from 30% to 25%!

Make sure you are on the Upgrade page and that you are logged in.

Posts 700
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:12 AM

I have a totally different issue.

I am not a patient person, and yet I did not have the money to do the upgrade I wanted (Silver so I could get the Clause Search).

So I decided to get the Starter version. That way I could play with the new interface, and then Crossgrade or something later when I have some money to spend on it. What I should have done was waited, but like I said, I am impatient, especially when waiting for a new version of Logos. Smile

So I bought Starter. Then I went to the upgrade page to see how my upgrade prices were affected by owning Starter. Here are my results:

Before Purchasing Starter

Starter - $39.99
Bronze - $218.76
Silver - $444.32

After purchasing Starter

Starter - $0
Bronze - 206.21 ($12.55 less)
Silver  - 46.58 (37.81 more)

Something is not right. Spending $40 only credits me $12.55 to go to Bronze. This is not the level I really want, but just pointing it out.

The real issue is that buying starter made my potential Silver level go up in price! I did not write down the other levels so I cannot comment on those.

I know everyone is going to tell me to call sales. I guess I can, but these upgrade calculators should work better than this. I know they are busy and I may be in for a long hold; I really don't want that.

Has anyone else seen this strange behavior?

Jerry

p.s. I am positive I was logged in and on the right upgrade pages.

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS