Am I Missing Any Logos 4 Databases?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:10 AM

I have been reading about some of the new features in Logos 5 and have heard that there will be 10 new databases that will be available.  My understanding is the databases are "features" and are only available with certain packages.

I currently have Logos 4 and was wondering - Is there any way to know if I am currently missing any Logos 4 databases?

Posts 29254
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:07 AM
GeoPappas:
I currently have Logos 4 and was wondering - Is there any way to know if I am currently missing any Logos 4 databases?
Do you own any base package? Which one?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:06 AM

alabama24:
GeoPappas:
Do you own any base package? Which one?

Yes, I have a few packages.  I have been a Logos customer for about 15 years.  I originally purchased Logos Level 2.  At some point I upgraded to the Bible Study Library and then the Original Languages Library.  

I have also purchased many books over the yars and have about 1200 books in total.

Posts 24534
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:50 AM

Have a look at http://www.logos.com/products/info/comparison and particularly the "Features and Databases" section at the bottom

That shows what is provided at which level

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:10 AM

Graham Criddle:

Have a look at http://www.logos.com/products/info/comparison and particularly the "Features and Databases" section at the bottom

That shows what is provided at which level

EDIT: I apologize Graham, I thought you had linked to the L5 comparison page, I was wrong.  Graham, this page will only show the current state of package revisions, not what was current for L4. According to the archived comparison chart here: http://web.archive.org/web/20100417043100/http://www.logos.com/compare)

The L4 original Languages package lacked

• Greek Pronunciation (audio) Modern and Erasmian
  • NT Semantic Domain Coding
  • Pericope Sets Database
  • Reading Plans (but this is in the Bible Study Library, so you should have it GeoPappas)
  • Word Find (also in L4 Bible Study)
Posts 24534
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:18 AM

HI Kevin

Kevin Becker:
Graham, this page will only show the current state of package revisions, not what was current for L4.

Don't understand - the link shows L4 base package information for me.

Graham

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:19 AM

Graham Criddle:

Yeah, about that. I was wrong. Egg on my face. I just updated my post to apologize. Sorry!

Posts 24534
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:27 AM

Kevin Becker:

Graham Criddle:

Yeah, about that. I was wrong. Egg on my face. I just updated my post to apologize. Sorry!

No problemSmile

Thanks, Kevin

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 7:52 AM

Kevin Becker:

The L4 original Languages package lacked

• NT Semantic Domain Coding
  • Pericope Sets Database
  • Reading Plans (but this is in the Bible Study Library, so you should have it GeoPappas)
  • Word Find (also in L4 Bible Study)

Thanks.

I have the following:

• Reading Plans

I have Word Find Puzzle, which I assume is the same as Word Find

I found Pericope Sets under the Tools menu -> Passage Analysis.  Is that the same thing?

How would I know if I have the NT Semantic Domain Coding?

In other words, how would you use this feature?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 8:11 AM

GeoPappas:

I found Pericope Sets under the Tools menu -> Passage Analysis.  Is that the same thing?

How would I know if I have the NT Semantic Domain Coding?

In other words, how would you use this feature?

Yes, the Passage Analysis tool is where you should be able to see/compare pericopes if you have that data.

I'm not 100% certain about the NT Semantic Domain Coding. I think that's the Louw-Nida tagging in the interlinear Bibles. Open the ESV to a NT passage and open up the Interlinear ribbon or look in the right click menu. Does a Bible search on an interlinear NT Bible return results for <LouwNida = Louw Nida 7.24> ?

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:02 AM

Kevin Becker:

Yes, the Passage Analysis tool is where you should be able to see/compare pericopes if you have that data.

Thanks.

Kevin Becker:

I'm not 100% certain about the NT Semantic Domain Coding. I think that's the Louw-Nida tagging in the interlinear Bibles. Open the ESV to a NT passage and open up the Interlinear ribbon or look in the right click menu. Does a Bible search on an interlinear NT Bible return results for <LouwNida = Louw Nida 7.24> ?

Anyone else know how I would know if I have the NT Semantic Domain Coding?

Posts 5619
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:12 AM

GeoPappas:

Kevin Becker:

Kevin's correct. It's the Louw-Nida tagging.  Another way to determine if you have it is by right-clicking on a word in either a reverse interlinear or the NA27 and seeing Louw-Nida on the menu.:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 124
GeoPappas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 10:57 AM

Todd Phillips:

GeoPappas:

Kevin Becker:

Kevin's correct. It's the Louw-Nida tagging.  Another way to determine if you have it is by right-clicking on a word in either a reverse interlinear or the NA27 and seeing Louw-Nida on the menu.

OK, thanks.  I have that feature as well.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS