Logos 5 Silver

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 65
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:48 AM

I am seriously considering upgrading my Logos 4 Silver to Logos 5 Silver. However I am a little put off that the Logos 5 Silver will not include all the new features.

Am I mistaken or is it true that Logos 5 Silver does not contain the NEW Bible Sense Lexicon?

For me that will be the decider between making this upgrade (which includes some nice new commentaries etc) or  instead just waiting for the cheaper crossgrade to get all features unlocked.

Please confirm

Clint Scott   Author | Humble Majesty   www.humblemajesty.com
Posts 1938
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:51 AM

That seems to be correct. See:

http://www.logos.com/comparison

On that page, the "Data Sets" and "Feature Distribution" sections (near the bottom) both indicate that "Bible Sense Lexicon" is not included with Silver.

Donnie

Posts 814
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:55 AM

I'm waiting to see which new features are included in the Minimal Crossgrade before deciding which option to go for.

Posts 65
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:04 AM

Thanks Donnie,

Is it me or is this page not working correctly, i cant select anything other than Gold

Posts 65
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:05 AM

Thanks Richard, I hear you

Posts 1938
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:32 AM

Clint Scott:
Is it me or is this page not working correctly, i cant select anything other than Gold

It renders improperly for me in Firefox (I started a thread in the "Logos Web Site" forum about the issue). But I didn't have an issue picking different packages. Maybe you need to log in?

Donnie

Posts 65
C.J. Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:40 AM

i am logged in using chrome, the upgrade page seems ok but the comparison page is not working

Posts 3863
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:13 AM

Clint Scott:

i am logged in using chrome, the upgrade page seems ok but the comparison page is not working

Clint, i tried the comparison page out, and only Gold is highlighted.  I don't know if that is a bug, or if Gold is highlighted as the base that "gets it all" and then serves as a point of reference (ie, I know that two columns to the right is Diamond, etc).  Good question, but just to confirm--I seem to be experiencing what you are, as well.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 9227
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:39 AM

Richard Lyall:
I'm waiting to see which new features are included in the Minimal Crossgrade before deciding which option to go for.

I'm sure you're not alone. Bob P. did suggest that there might be different database upgrade paths in the minimum crossgrade so getting missing databases might be possible. Sure would help to know all this right now.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 813
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:43 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Clint Scott:

Clint, i tried the comparison page out, and only Gold is highlighted.  I don't know if that is a bug, or if Gold is highlighted as the base that "gets it all" and then serves as a point of reference (ie, I know that two columns to the right is Diamond, etc).  Good question, but just to confirm--I seem to be experiencing what you are, as well.

Go to the top of the page and click on a package. That will select it, and then highlight it all the way down so you can see what it offers. I think that selection is remembered for next time unless you change it.

You can also toggle between "New to Logos 5" (differences for everybody) and "New to me" (which takes into account what you already own).

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:51 AM

Sean Boisen:
Go to the top of the page and click on a package. That will select it, and then highlight it all the way down so you can see what it offers.

There are some serious bugs with that. I reported in the Website forum yesterday, so hopefully someone's on it.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS