Error: L5 seems to be trying to open up another bible again and again and again

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:34 AM

L5 opens and then gets stuck. With a blank layout I try to create a passage/exegetical guide using the default GO. It open up the tabs, populates a few things. Then it appears that it is calling for another Bible to open and it doesn't get it. It just cycles through adding a blank tab, then not, then trying again. Everything is too slow to be useful. See the log file for more info.

I have two computers that do the same thing - a laptop and a desktop - both PC running Windows 7. 

8688.L5 error trying to open up bibles.zip

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

I'm not completely able to see what's going on just from the log file, unfortunately. Your description makes it sound like a panel/tab keeps opening and closing repeatedly while you're trying to use the program; is that correct? It might be helpful for us if you were able to take a screencast of the program, so we can see exactly what's going on.

Jing is a free program that makes it easy to capture and upload a recording of your computer screen: http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:11 PM

Thanks, Bradley.

I can get at this after the weekend. You've maybe got bigger fish to fry. I'm not preaching this weekend so I don't need it until next week.  I totally understand that this can happen with so many possible configurations, and so many possible scenarios.

From what I can see - I like the new features in L5 a lot. I can see how I will get a lot out of this once we get this little nuisance ironed out.

blessings on your weekend - have any big plans for your extra hour?

Randy

Posts 8195
LogosEmployee

Randy O'Brien:

From what I can see - I like the new features in L5 a lot. I can see how I will get a lot out of this once we get this little nuisance ironed out.

Thanks; I'm glad to hear that.

Randy O'Brien:

Sleep, mostly. Smile

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:17 AM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Randy O'Brien:

Did not know you used that Big Smile

Sleep, mostly. Smile

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:16 PM

I think it's fixed.

It seemed to be something with my bibles. I tried to add a bible by clicking on the + symbol. When I added The Message - nothing. But if I added the HCSB it seemed like everything worked well. So I opened my library and added the HCSB to my favorites (but not so far up the list that it would open all the time - it's not that much of a priority to me). While there I deleted the NIV84 since I'm using the newest release of the NIV.

So I'm not sure whether it was a conflict between the two NIV releases or the addition of another bible, but it solved my unusual problem.

Now that everything is working (I think), I'm noticing a huge increase in speed. I think that the upgrade may be worth it just for the speed increase. Things just open up so much faster. Thanks team!

Randy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS