Customize Your Upgrade

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:15 AM

Hi ELA;

The upgrades page is kind of tricky at times. What I have done on occasion was to go to another part of the site, then go back to the upgrades page, and the deduction would take place. Try that.

Posts 159
ELA | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:23 AM

No, I have tried that. I have also tried different browsers (I have also contacted customerservice last Friday, but the salesperson wasn't able to answer the question)

So it's either a mistake or I cannot - for some reason  - benefit from the discount.

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:35 AM

ELA:

No, I have tried that. I have also tried different browsers (I have also contacted customerservice last Friday, but the salesperson wasn't able to answer the question)

So it's either a mistake or I cannot - for some reason  - benefit from the discount.

I just tried this, and confirmed that it does work on my end. Not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't appear to be a problem with the site (maybe the calculator link to your account). In this case, the best option is to try and get through to customer support.

Posts 6859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 6 2013 8:22 PM

I will definitely call my sales person tomorrow since BECNT is a great buy.  I just upgraded to Platinum, and the upgrade was purchased over the phone, so couldn't see the "customize" option.  I wonder for how long those prices would last?

DAL

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2013 10:52 AM

DAL:
the upgrade was purchased over the phone, so couldn't see the "customize" option

Now I'm wondering if I've become senile. Before writing yesterday's post to you, I checked the Upgrade page, and I thought I didn't see any 'Customize' button. Today it's there. Was I blind, or did they just return it?

The content is totally different now, though. First it was like in Mark's screenshot in the OP, then they added a great number of other language and other scholarly resources, at excellent prices, and now all of that seems gone and the Topical Bundles show up instead.

However, like I said, my 'Saturday' e-mail seems to indicate that the original 'Customize' offers are still valid, at least if you know enough to ask for them.

Btw, it's odd your sales rep didn't voluntarily tell you about the 'Customize' offers. You'd think he'd want to sell...

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2013 8:08 PM

fgh:

DAL:
the upgrade was purchased over the phone, so couldn't see the "customize" option

Now I'm wondering if I've become senile. Before writing yesterday's post to you, I checked the Upgrade page, and I thought I didn't see any 'Customize' button. Today it's there. Was I blind, or did they just return it?

The content is totally different now, though. First it was like in Mark's screenshot in the OP, then they added a great number of other language and other scholarly resources, at excellent prices, and now all of that seems gone and the Topical Bundles show up instead.

However, like I said, my 'Saturday' e-mail seems to indicate that the original 'Customize' offers are still valid, at least if you know enough to ask for them.

Btw, it's odd your sales rep didn't voluntarily tell you about the 'Customize' offers. You'd think he'd want to sell...

Well, I got my BECNT 15 vol. set.  What a great buy! My sales person had to "get approval" first because she wasn't sure whether she could still give me that deal or not.  She said that those prices are only good at the moment you upgrade not for later; either way, she got the approval and now I have the set in my library.  I will add the Galatians volume whenever it comes out of pre-pub since it seems it doesn't have a pre-pub discount on it.  I might just get it and add it to my payment plan whenever I add the first 2 volumes of the IVP Black Dictionaries on the Old Testament and then the other volumes that are still under development.  We'll see; I definitely want to complete this set along with the Pillar's set also.

Now, why didn't the sales person offer the deals to me...hmm...good question, I guess most sales persons get excited that they just made a good sale and they forget to offer you more...or something...hehehe.  I can tell you this: I made the mistake of upgrading to silver, then to gold and finally to Platinum and neither sales person (3 different ones altogether) offered me the extra deals.  I guess they forget or something.  Anyway, I'm doing a study on the book of Acts and I'm sure glad I have Bock's volume on Acts along with Peterson's volume on the PNTC series.  They both offer great insight on the text and the background information is superb! 

Blessings!

DAL

Ps. If the deals have changed for those who will be upgrading that's a bummer because the "old deals" were great!

Posts 937
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 6:38 AM

fgh:

If you hit "proceed" after reaching the Topical Bundles page it will take you to a page with all the other goodies on.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 9:28 AM

David Carter:
If you hit "proceed" after reaching the Topical Bundles page it will take you to a page with all the other goodies on.

Look at that! They certainly aren't making it easy for us, are they? You'd think they were doing their best not to sell...

DAL:
She said that those prices are only good at the moment you upgrade

A bit hard to add something you don't know about...

DAL:
neither sales person (3 different ones altogether) offered me the extra deals

Zip it!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 6859
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 12:23 PM

David Carter:

fgh:

LOL I hit proceed and the deals were bad, to say the least.  There were a few resources I already owned.  Come on, how are you going to offer me the IVP reference library if I already own it OR how are you going to offer me Holman's NT Commentary if it's part of my Platinum package!? Or Charles Simeon's "commentaries" when I already own them?!!! Really...lol

Oh well, I already have what I want for now.  I'll add whatever I need to add later when finances allow me to do so.

DAL

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 2:06 PM

I upgraded on November 20. 2012, and the price for Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 vols.) was GREAT! But I didn't realize at that point in time that I needed it. It wasn't until in the middle of the winter that I started to think I need a couple of sets of dictionaries, both Bible and Theological. Luckily I managed to negotiate a reduced price with my rep. on the Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament, so I'm happy:

J. u. C. is me

/J. u. C.:

DAL:
LOL I hit proceed and the deals were bad, to say the least.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 11:55 AM

fgh:

David Carter:

Look at that! They certainly aren't making it easy for us, are they? You'd think they were doing their best not to sell...

DAL:
She said that those prices are only good at the moment you upgrade

A bit hard to add something you don't know about...

DAL:
neither sales person (3 different ones altogether) offered me the extra deals

Zip it!

Is the "Customize" upgrade option no longer in effect? 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 10:26 AM

Nina Jones:
Is the "Customize" upgrade option no longer in effect? 

It is for me. But you need to have a package in the cart to see it, and you've already got all the packages, haven't you? (I presume I'm talking to Matthew rather than Nina?Smile)

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS