Are Some "New to "You" Titles yet to be Released?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 1:34 PM

I was thoroughly going through my upgrade options and have decided that I will probably upgrade my old Silver to the new Silver edition because of a couple of resources that I will use and make it worth the investment.

I found one resource that I already own under the "New to You" tab and found 25 resources that will be new to me that are not even listed on the Logos web site under products, pre-pub or community pricing that I could find.

The one example of the book that I already own is "New Topical Textbook".

For brevity I will only list 5 of the books that show "New to Me" but are not found on Logos' web site:

1. The Animals Mentioned in the Bible
  2. Lexham Bible Dictionary
  3. Harper Collins Bible Dictionary
  4. Connect the Testaments: A Daily Devotional
  5. The Christian and Social Responsibility

I know that I will have to contact sales to try and get credit for the one that I already own, but are the others in a "Coming at a Future Date" status?

Thanks for any help.

Posts 27228
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:00 PM

Rick:

This has been explained as a new resource although technically a "revised and updated" book. Sometimes the publishers want the existing to be updated, sometimes they want it to be a new resource.

Rick:

I can't comment on these but there are books "coming at a future date" and it would help if Logos annotated them accordingly on the chart. NB. some books may be available but not yet advertised or N/A separately.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 12149
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:01 PM

I think the problem rather is that there are mor Logos resources existing than are available for individual purchase from the website (NA 28 being a prime example here).

Rick:

I think this one is a new and expanded edition, not yet available as standalone but a different resource (if I'm not mistaken).

Rick:

For brevity I will only list 5 of the books that show "New to Me" but are not found on Logos' web site:

Number 2 and 4 are  part of the Faithlife Study Bible bundle, the others I can't tell from top of my head. 

There are some very few resources that are "licence included, files will come" but this refers to more exotic things like morphologically tagged Greek texts. I think they will update the website during the business week to reflect this, but wouldn't expect your resources to be among this lot.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:40 PM

The Scripture Alphabet of Animals is an ancient free book Logos has had available as a freebie practically forever.  A truly quaint little book put out by the American Tract Society in 1842.  Very pleasant little book.  However, truly no greatr value!                           Peace to all!                      *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 27228
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 2:59 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
The Scripture Alphabet of Animals is an ancient free book Logos has had available as a freebie practically forever.

But it should not be confused with the L5 title "The animals mentioned in the bible"!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 3:04 PM

Thank you all for your clarifications, especially on the one book that I thought that I owned (the upgrade calculator worked 100% correctly then!).

Milford, is the book that you gave an image of going to be the same book offered in the upgrade? The reason that I ask is because when comparing the title and author for the image that you posted versus the pop-up image when I hover over the title on the upgrade page are different. I was just curious. Once again thanks for the fast responses!

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 3:06 PM

Dave Hooton:

Milford Charles Murray:
The Scripture Alphabet of Animals is an ancient free book Logos has had available as a freebie practically forever.

But it should not be confused with the L5 title "The animals mentioned in the bible"!

Hi Dave, I think that I was writing my question to Milford at the same time that you posted your comments. Thanks.

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 3:43 PM

NB.Mick:
There are some very few resources that are "licence included, files will come" but this refers to more exotic things like morphologically tagged Greek texts. I think they will update the website during the business week to reflect this, but wouldn't expect your resources to be among this lot.

Thanks NB .Mick, very helpful. Thankfully, the BIG 3 that essentially convinced me make the upgrade worthwhile to the new up to date Silver edition were not among the 25. I am grateful for the extra resources though.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:25 PM

Rick:

Thank you all for your clarifications, especially on the one book that I thought that I owned (the upgrade calculator worked 100% correctly then!).

Milford, is the book that you gave an image of going to be the same book offered in the upgrade? The reason that I ask is because when comparing the title and author for the image that you posted versus the pop-up image when I hover over the title on the upgrade page are different. I was just curious. Once again thanks for the fast responses!

Peace, Rick!               Now that I've heard Dave share, I'm not so sure.  I take his warning seriously and will try to reseach this re. the upgrade which I personally haven't done yet.    Maybe this week....   Don't count on my opinion here!            *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:36 PM

Dave Hooton:

Milford Charles Murray:

Thanks, Dave!  You are correct as per usual!  *smile*                  Looked it up!            Two separate books for sure!  Am so glad you caught this confusion!      Peace!

Posts 1829
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:41 PM

Peace be to you as well Milford. 

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:46 PM

In another thread there was discussion about the OT Niv2011 Reverse Interlinears. This was an example of "the license is included in your upgrade but the resource hasn't been completed yet"

there may be similar "yet to be released" titles

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 164
DivineCordial | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:49 PM

The following three are in my library:

The Animals Mentioned in the Bible

Lexham Bible Dictionary

Connect the Testaments: A Daily Devotional

Logos 9 | Faithlife Connect Essentials
27" Win10 (21H1) AMD FX-8350 (4GHz) 16GB DDR3 2x500SSD 1x240SSD 2x3TBHDD
rMBP13" macOS 10.15.7 i7 (2.9GHz) 8GB DDR3 512SSD
iPadPro (2020) iPadOS 14.6 | iPhoneXR iOS 14.6

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS