Should I upgrade to Starter now or wait for Crossgrade?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Benjamin Bryan | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:35 PM

I'd like to upgrade my engine to Logos 5, I currently have the Scholar's (KF) edition, since we don't know what the "crossgrade" option will be yet, my question is can I upgrade to the Starter edition ($50) and purchase the timeline ($20) and then if I like the future  "crossgrade" better do that for the price of the crossgrade less the Starter and Timeline (assuming it includes the timeline)?  Or would I end up paying more doing it this way?

There's really not much in Starter I would use either except maybe the new Maps and Illustrations, really the only reason I'd upgrade is to get the new Logos 5 engine.  I'd like to have the Clause Search but for $450 to get to Silver that's not going to happen.

Sort of a sidenote, I wouldn't mind buying a commentary set or two that I've been wanting instead of purchasing a package to upgrade.  I haven't even gotten close to reading all the books in the package I have so I don't need more!

Thanks.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:40 PM

Benjamin Bryan:

I'd like to upgrade my engine to Logos 5, I currently have the Scholar's (KF) edition, since we don't know what the "crossgrade" option will be yet, my question is can I upgrade to the Starter edition ($50) and purchase the timeline ($20) and then if I like the future  "crossgrade" better do that for the price of the crossgrade less the Starter and Timeline (assuming it includes the timeline)?  Or would I end up paying more doing it this way?

There's really not much in Starter I would use either except maybe the new Maps and Illustrations, really the only reason I'd upgrade is to get the new Logos 5 engine.  I'd like to have the Clause Search but for $450 to get to Silver that's not going to happen.

Hi Benjamin,

Ultimately the decision is yours (based on your own needs and present situation).

Personally, I would suggest that you await further details of the minimal cross grade. As you have noted, the Starter package lacks some of the new datasets and functionality. It is not clear as to whether the datasets and new tools will actually be made available for individual purchase (in fact, I have read elsewhere that this is unlike to be the case).

There is  danger, therefore, that in buying the Starter package now, you will also need to pick up the minimal crossgrade in order to access the near-full functionality of L5.

Just my opinion!

Blessings in your decision,

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS