Boot Camp or Parallel

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:14 AM

David Kim:

Conclusion: If you are mac user. And, if you want to use the full version of logos 4. My recommendation is parallel 5.

The Logos Tech guys seem to indicate that they find that Parallels has the edge over Fusion at the moment. (these things swing back and forth with new versions coming out)

I am getting brilliant performance using Fusion on a 2.8ghz, 4GB MBP. I blogged about the settings I am using yesterday and put a link in my signature below. I would consider getting Parallels, but I really, really want to retire Windows once and for all and really don't want to buy another virtual machine license! (Hence I am very motivated to help find bugs in L4 Mac)  That said, I use L4 Windows on Fusion using Unity all day and it is so good that I forget that it is a Windows app.

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:52 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

MichaelKares:
That is a ridiculously powerful system...nice work

Jack is a powerful guy that needs a powerful computer! Besides, he needs that power to launch his "spinning pizzas". On my computer they are a bit more sedate and are spinning pinwheels. Not as appetizing. Wink

Not quite as appetizing as you might think. I see green in that pizza, and I detest green peppers.

Posts 10523
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 3:00 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
That said, I use L4 Windows on Fusion using Unity all day and it is so good that I forget that it is a Windows app.

I never used Fusion 3, but my experience with Parallels 5 in Coherence is very good. As far as choosing between Fusion and Parallels, I would say see who will offer you the best deal. I don't use Boot Camp because I prefer to have both OSs available. If I have to run Windows, let me do it on a system that at least looks like a Mac Big Smile. Seriously, Being able to access both systems at once is to be a deal-breaker for Boot Camp.

I really have very few fond memories of Boot Camp. But that was another story many years ago. Geeked (That was real Boot Camp, not an OS)

Posts 92
Felipe Chamy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 5:45 AM

Does the VirtualBox have the same features? 

Does Logos 4 Mac run well there?

Posts 18
Christopher Guest | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:19 AM

Felipe Chamy:

Given that it is free, download it and see for yourself

My Mac can go all the way to OS XI

www.bournvillechurch.co.uk

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 6:19 AM

Felipe Chamy:

I had a friend who tried Virtual Box and ran it up against Fusion, and chose Fusion in the end. I haven't used Virtual Box before and I can't readily tell you who on these forums does, as most people either run Fusion or Parallels.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS