Bible Sense Lexicon

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 102
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:28 AM

Is there a way for this tool to show the specific passages that a word is used in the sense that I am looking up. For instance in Luke 1:46 the word psyche is considered the soul=spirt sense.  I see a colored chart to the left that shows where the predominate use of that word is in the Bible, but I'd like to see a specific reference list for that. Thanks.

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:41 AM

Interesting that Bible Word Study Senses does not list soul=spirit as an option, but contains several other possibilities

To answer your question, I haven't found a way.

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:48 AM

Jeremy Writebol:

Is there a way for this tool to show the specific passages that a word is used in the sense that I am looking up. For instance in Luke 1:46 the word psyche is considered the soul=spirt sense.  I see a colored chart to the left that shows where the predominate use of that word is in the Bible, but I'd like to see a specific reference list for that. Thanks.

Not at the moment. Logos have indicated that they'll be adding that feature in a future update.

Posts 806
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:55 AM

What's coming soon will be a link like this:

that will add the ability to list all the passages where this sense occurs (regardless of what word expresses it), what we call a "sense concordance".

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:15 AM

Sean Boisen:

that will add the ability to list all the passages where this sense occurs (regardless of what word expresses it), what we call a "sense concordance".

Waiting impatiently Geeked

Posts 1292
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:10 AM

Jack Caviness:

Sean Boisen:

Waiting impatiently Geeked

Yes

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 6:19 PM

Any word on when the "sense concordance" will become available?

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 25726
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 10:49 PM

Abram K-J:

Any word on when the "sense concordance" will become available?

We definitely need it.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 806
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:23 AM

There are some technical challenges delaying the full "search for this sense" capability. We still plan to do it, but not as soon as i had hoped.

In the meantime, the current plan is to ship display of the references for each sense-lemma pair with 5.1a. That will look something like this:

That will enable you to find all the places where a given sense has been annotated, which is what the original post was asking about.

Posts 22826
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:36 AM

Hi Sean

Your screenshot suggests that the references will be ordered canonically as opposed to the, seeming, random order in 5.1

Is that the case?

Graham

Posts 806
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 10:55 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi Sean

Your screenshot suggests that the references will be ordered canonically as opposed to the, seeming, random order in 5.1

<image deleted>

Is that the case?

Graham

That's the plan, yes. Smile We're reorganizing the data to enable grouping by lemma, and that should also include canonical ordering.

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:34 AM

Thanks for the update, Sean. The full search capability will allow us to use this new tagging to maximum advantage. In the meantime this will help. Appreciate the on-going development.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 22826
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 11:40 AM

Sean Boisen:

Graham Criddle:

Hi Sean

<image deleted>

Is that the case?

Graham

That's the plan, yes. Smile We're reorganizing the data to enable grouping by lemma, and that should also include canonical ordering.

That's great news - thanks Sean.

And I noted the italicsSmile

Graham

Posts 89
David Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 6 2013 12:36 AM

Hi Sean,

I would love it if you could link the BSL to Power Lookup so the verses can be displayed there!

Posts 806
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 8 2013 11:52 AM

David:

Eventually BSL will drive search in a more general way. You can currently search for a Louw-Nida sense with a Bible Search like

<GreekStrongs = Strong’s Greek #1248>

and see all the hits listed. In the same way, you'll be able to search by sense id, and you can launch such searches from the right click menu.

I think that accomplishes what you're asking for, but please clarify if i'm missing something.

Sean

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS