Why is the NIV missing from the Bible Section of Logos 5?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 39
Peter Banks | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:29 PM

While New International Version is not my favorite. It is not a bad translation if understand it's approach to translation. I am a little baffled why it is missing from the versions Bible offered with Logos 5. I did notice there was a New International Interlinear. I am missing something and yeah I because I would be upgrading I would lose anything.

I hope this does not cause a new wave of translation wars.

baldego

Posts 3118
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:36 PM

Peter Banks:

While New International Version is not my favorite. It is not a bad translation if understand it's approach to translation. I am a little baffled why it is missing from the versions Bible offered with Logos 5. I did notice there was a New International Interlinear. I am missing something and yeah I because I would be upgrading I would lose anything.

I hope this does not cause a new wave of translation wars.

baldego

HI Peter, I have both, I think you may need to update it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 9405
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:37 PM

I imagine there is an issue with the publisher about this being distributed in Logos base packages.

Never-the-less if you already have the NIV in Logos you won't lose it by upgrading. You keep everything you have and gain whatever is in the new package you upgrade to.

See: http://www.logos.com/faq

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 41
Frank Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:41 PM

If the NIV is in your library with Logos 4, it will still be there after upgrade to Logos 5.

I am aware of another common English bible translation which is also no longer part of the packages, but still available.

If you never had NIV, you can purchase it separately for Logos (I think the price is just under $10).

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 6 2012 4:43 PM

I believe I remember the question being asked last week also.

As I recall, the NIV (and NLT?) was removed from L5 base packages, but can be purchased separately if the Logos user doesn't already own it. 

I would assume that this was publisher's request.

UPDATE:

I checked the comparison chart that has been posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAl790TopkhdHNsTnRLY1A2RU9OY3pDNHdqTHVpQ3c#gid=2

NLT is still included.

Bibles no longer in base packages:

Darby

God's Word

NET

NIV

NIVr

NT, Wuest

Complete Word Study Bible, Zhodiates

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS